I went to the Arctic Oasis this morning. It was supposed to be a long run day, but I ended up only doing 2 miles. BOO. I just couldn't do any more! Which sucks. I wonder why some days we can barely do something, then other days it seems like we can do it all day long. What changes so much from day to day. I really think I have a cold. I've been coughing. And now my nose is running like CRAZY! I'd be willing to blame my lack of athletic ablitiy on that today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
I am all caught up, and dare I say even a *LITTLE* ahead in my homework! So I'm taking tonight off. Then I'll kick it into high gear tomorrow. Which will hopefully get me really far ahead. Then I'm hoping by this weekend I can start working on next weeks stuff so I can spend some time with Nate without having to do a ton of homework. But then the next week we'll have to settle into a routine! I'm so excited. I can officially say we will see Nate NEXT WEEK!!!!
I did a little project today. I saw it a while back on Pinterest. I never pinned it, but it stayed in my head. See, I have this problem with my kitchen. I hate it. It sucks for storage. And the drawer I was keeping my measuring cups in is full. So it was time for a new plan. I decided to try this. I figured if it didn't work out it was really no big loss. But if it did it would be great. Anyway, I decided to hang the measuring cups and spoons on the cupboard door that I keep my wet measuring cups. My other baking stuff is in the cupboards next to this one. And they are all above the counter where I do most of the cooking. So the organization makes sense. Anyway, here's what it looks like.
Yep, not very pretty. I was going to paint the wood pieces, but decided I didn't want to wait. So I just did it without waiting. It seems like it's going to work out pretty well. I guess we'll just wait and see!
Kayleigh has been begging me for Macaroni and Cheese lately. And honestly I haven't been sticking to the meal plan. I do on days I don't have school,. But on my school days, the kids don't eat what I've fixed so I've kinda scrapped those days. Until Nate gets home. Anyway I used today's dinner last night. So I needed somehting. I found this recipe on my friend, Kris' Pinterest. I did a mac and cheese recipe a few weeks ago, but this one was stove top only. It wasn't the neon orange of the boxed stuff (which all goes back to what I was saying last night about REAL food not looking as appealing as the fake stuff), but it also doesn't have any of the chemicals and not even any flour for thickening the cheese sauce! It was great! And Kayleigh even said that it tasted just like the stuff you buy! WOO HOO! Score one mom!
That sucks you have a cold. I know it hinders your workouts. When I got sick, when I was working out, it definitely hindered mine. So I know what you mean.
ReplyDeleteI like what you did with the measuring cups. I don't know if I would have ever thought of it, but it's a cool idea and it opens up room in the drawers. So, score two for you!
Man, I can't wait to see you and hold you and kiss you again. I loved it when you said you can officially say you can see me in one week. That sounded really cool to me. I've been really antsy for the past week and a half. When I'm talking with you on Skype, I don't feel so antsy, but when I get off, I get super antsy. I've been putting that antsiness to work though. Using it to study. I'M GONNA MAKE TECH THIS YEAR!
Well, off to bed I go to get on your schedule. I will talk with you soon. I LOVE YOU HOT MAMA!