Tuesday, January 3, 2012

331/365

This morning was FANTASTIC!  I kicked ass.  I got up early made some peanut butter baked oatmeal and coffee.  I got the kids up in plenty of time to get ready.  I got Kayleigh off to school and Spencer and I went to the Oasis at 915.  There was no screaming or stress. No hurrying.  It was calm and laid back.  Probably the best start to a school day all year!  I even had time to curl Kayleigh's hair!  Yep, I was that good today!

At the gym I decided to do one of the things on my list, participate in "Operation Beautiful".  I read about it a while back and liked the idea.  The jest is, you get a sticky note and write a positive comment and stick it somewhere in public to remind women that they are beautiful no matter what.  It's supposed to boost self esteem and generally make people happier.  Anyway, I decided to write "This number does not define who you are.  You are beautiful."  And put it on the scale.  I saw it on the website and thought it was a good reminder.  I am guilty of obsessing over my weight.

In reality it's just a number.  It doesn't make me better or worse.  It doesn't really mean I am healthier if it's a smaller number or unhealthy if it's bigger.  It is just the force of gravity working on my body.  I need to let go of it sometimes.  I figured with all the people starting their New Years resolutions (and there were a lot of them there today) now would be the best time to try to get this message out.

It was REALLY cold today.  So cold that when we came out from the Arctic Oasis there was ice on the INSIDE of the car windows!  It's so dry out that ice won't form on the outside.  But the moisture from our breath and bodies stayed in the air inside the car and by the time we had got back to the car it had accumulated on the windows and froze!  It was the second craziest thing I have ever seen.  Second, behind the crazy amount of ice accumulated on the dash when we shipped it!














But I got everything I needed to done.  We went to the commissary.  I cleaned up the back yard.  I cleaned bathrooms.  So far I am off to a good start in getting back on track for my cleaning schedule (something I've let slip lately).

Aurora (Rebeckah's dog) is staying with us tonight.  Rebeckah couldn't find a pet friendly hotel.  So I offered Aurora a spot at Chateau Meneses.  So far they've had a couple of little spats (over Aurora's food and Lola doesn't like Aurora getting near the kids) but otherwise they are doing well.  Now only if I could keep Kayleigh out of their faces!

1 comment:

  1. Babe, you are fantastic! You always kick ass! I'm glad that the first day back to school was a good one and a good start. It's always good to start things off on a good note.

    I like your sticky note message. Hopefully other women/men read it and think it's a good, kind-hearted gesture. I know I would if I was an obsessive weight tracker/measurer.

    Well, about Kayleigh and the dogs. I hope she doesn't get in the middle of them and get hurt. Lola is really protective of you all and I'm sure that's why she doesn't take to kindly to Aurora being around. Kayleigh needs to stay the hell away from the both of them. Who knows when one dog is going to talk shit to the other and it's going to start a fight. Put Kayleigh in time out next time it happens are take away her DS for a week for not listening.

    Anyways, my day was okay. You already know I passed my PT test. Yeah me! I got most of the way through the DPS crap, but hit a wall right at the end. It's asking me for the shippers name and DOB. Well, I don't know who the hell is shipping my stuff much less their DOB. So I'm gonna have to go TMO tomorrow and have them figure it out. Other than that. I got another chapter in the PDG knocked out. I recapped the last chapter with the quiz, and did chapter 5 and it's quiz. Hopefully, I can continue this track and be set for the test. Maybe even squeeze in some CDC study time. So that was my day.

    I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU HOT MAMA!!

    ReplyDelete