Saturday, January 14, 2012

342/365

Today we went to Lowe's and did a Build and Grow Workshop.  We used to do them all the time in Arizona, but we stopped for some reason.  We built a castle.  Damn, it was hard.  The instructions sucked.  And we broke Kayleigh's.  So she was upset.  Thankfully Amber, Caden and Lexi were there.  So Kayleigh just went over and played with Lexi because she didn't want to do teamwork with me and Spencer.  So Spencer and I worked together and Kayleigh did her own thing. 




















But she did relish in our accomplishment

It was friggin cold!!!!

YEAH, that was at almost noon!!!

When we got home we saw a rainbow.  It's so cold you can see the air droplets frozen. You can see the air sparkling in front of that house.

It was too cold to go out and play or do anything, eventhough it was sunny and beautiful.  So I decided to take the kiddos to lunch and then to Tidal Wave so Kayleigh could pick out some books for her reward for Honor Roll.  I decided to do something different and had the Salmon Burger. 

It was GOOD!!!  Delicious!  Not as good as the avocado sandwich, but a close second.  I just won't get the sandwich until Nate comes home and we can share it.

At Tidal Wave, Kayleigh picked out two Magic Treehouse books. 

She loves those!  And I don't mind spending money on them because Spencer will read them too.

The rest of the day was spent talking to Nate and playing with the kids.  Not too much going on here.  Tomorrow I NEED to do some homework. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is cold! You have record temperatures and record snow fall. What comes next? Record rainfall? I hope not.

    The kids looked really cute doing their projects at Lowe's. So Kayleigh broke hers and thought it was okay to relish in your guys accomplishment which she didn't want anything to do with until it was finished. How nice of her. You could probably hear the sarcasm in my voice when I said that.

    Well as for me. I got another chapter down. I took the end of chapter test and scored 89% on it. That's pretty good for me. Hopefully, I can score that high on the real thing and make Tech this time.

    So that was the rest of my day. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete