Friday, January 27, 2012

355/365

Checking out downstairs
Hectic.  That seems to be all I can say about life right now.  This morning Kayleigh had a dentist appointment to get her molars sealed.  It was supposed to be 30-45 minutes.  But her X-rays turned up some issues that needed a bit of consultation between the Dr's.  This dentist clinic is a teaching dental clinic, so there are dentists doing their OJT here.  So the dentist (who Kayleigh LOVES btw!  She giggles at everything he says, it's a little sickening) saw in her X-rays that her permanent teeth look like they are not going to have enough room.  Some literally won't have enough room to grow in, they'll end up growing backwards into her palate (if we don't do anything).  He said she's too young to do anything, and really it's almost too soon to tell.  That's why he had to consult with the Major.  And the Major said the same thing.  However, he said it's almost 100% that her top teeth will not grow in correctly.  So we're going to have to go back in in six months and get another X-ray and they may decide to start pulling teeth then.  I hope to God we can get overseas before we have to get braces on her teeth!  Or it's going to be spendy because we already know that he IS going to need braces. 

So the appointment ended up running a little over an hour.  The kids hadn't even eaten breakfast.  So I had to haul ass to get the kids fed and off to school.  Then it was off to the Education center to tutor.  That went well.  We decided to meet at the Arctic Oasis on Sunday.  That way the kids can play and we can all work together.  It seems like a good short term solution to the problem.

Tonight I had another online lecture.  And I tried to bribe the kids to leave me alone!  I told them that they needed to eat their dinner.  Then they could watch a movie and each have a Popsicle *if* they were good and left me alone.  Well about 10 minutes into my class I let them have their popsicles.  BIG MISTAKE!  Ten minutes later, they're SCREAMING at each other.  While I'm trying to listen to this lecture.  Are you F-ING kidding me?  I had to walk away and go separate them and send them to bed.  Damn it. I really can't seem to get ahead right now!

UGH!  Off to do more homework!!!



1 comment:

  1. Your day definitely seemed a lot more hectic than mine. I too hope that we can get her braces before we go overseas.

    I'm sorry that the kids bothered you during your lecture. Keep your head up though. I'll be home soon to keep them distracted. We might even leave or just go upstairs so they won't bother you. Well, seeing as how you'll have my laptop, you could even get away and lock yourself in the bedroom to do your homework.

    Well, my only news for the day is another list of assignment cancellations came out today. So looks like more than just the 800 from this base are going to get shit on. No worries though, I'm not on the list. Well, either that or it hasn't been sent out yet.

    So other than that my day AT WORK, was useless. I literally did two things. I put SIM Black out on the lights of the vehicles and watched others move barriers into place. AND i still have to work a 12 tomorrow for no reason. Enough of my complaints.

    I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete