Friday, January 13, 2012

341/365

I don't have much to report today because I spend  A LOT of it talking to Nate!  It made me so happy.  He heard out all my frustrations.  He really couldn't say anything (except I love you) to make me feel better.  But at least he was there to listen and understand.  I understand that he is frustrated too.  He apparently woke up early (something he hasn't done on a Saturday in months) so we got to talk earlier than I was expecting.  I didn't get as much homework done as I had hoped.  But talking to him is better.  I can do homework on week nights when I'm bored and lonely.  We talked about anything and everything.  I really never get tired of talking to him.  And lately (like in the past year) he's been able to talk back.  He's not much of a talker, but this year I think he has really put forth an effort to talk to me.  And to think of things to talk about and to have opinions of things so he can talk about him with me.  Before this he was, I think, the least opinionated person I'd ever met.  Really easygoing (which totally balances me out) but so much so that a lot of the time is answers are yeah, or no.  But now he'll put together a couple of sentences.  It seems silly, but it means so much to me.  Especially since right now all we have is words. He is better at writing.  He always has been.   I think he has a better opportunity to think before he writes things down.  I don't get as many emails or letters or other things as I used to.  But I do get a blog comment 99% of the time and that I am appreciative for.  I'm just so happy right now.  I miss him dearly, but right now I feel closer to him than I have in a while and I thank you for that babe!

I've been talking about all the snow.  So I took a picture of our patio table out back.  Notice the ice that hangs off the right side of the table.  When the snow starts to melt the water sits on the table, then freezes and as the snow melts again the ice pushes off the table, kinda like a glacier.  Then it freezes again and snows and now there is two feet of snow on the top of it.  It's so strange.  You may not think that's a lot of snow, but that table has had that much snow and completely melted down to nothing but a thin layer of ice THREE times!!!  That is a hell of a lot of snow!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for noticing that I have put forth a great deal of effort to talk more and be more opinionated. I know it means a lot to you and I wanted to make it my top priority being here. My more laid back approach did balance you out, but being more talkative has opened a new door in our communication. A door I was scared of before because I didn't like hearing the hard honest truths. But as time has passed here I have learned that the hard honest truth only makes you stronger.

    Well, I didn't like the percentage of my comments. 99% really? My number two priority was to comment on ALL your posts. Obviously, I have let you and myself down. It sucks, but I'll get over it. At least I can talk a little better now. So with that, I'll go ahead and make myself feel better and say that I have a 100% on comments! Yeah Me!

    Moving on... that is a lot of snow. I'm sure it is strange. Especially seeing how I'm pretty sure neither of us has seen that much snow before. I had an idea. You mentioned that the snow on the table is acting like a glacier. So with this idea you could even get the kids involved. They might actually find it fun. So here it is. Find a way to mark the table and snow and see how much it moves over a day or week. I found it really interesting and it's kind of scientific.

    I know we discussed this earlier, but I think the honest truth will be the best approach. With me not knowing if I'm going to be extended or not and you having to break it to the kids. Tell them the truth. They may not understand it at first, but hopefully they can appreciate it. If you would like, I will tell them. But I still think that telling them the truth and not in a negative way will help them understand. I would simply explain it as one of the guys got in trouble and I was asked to stay for a little bit longer to help with his case. I'm not in trouble and I will be coming home really soon. I know it's hard to watch them be so excited for me coming home and knowing that we have to let them down. Hell it was hard for me to watch them be so excited knowing that the timeline may not work out. I just hope it does.

    Well, that is all I have for now. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!

    ReplyDelete