Monday, January 16, 2012

344/365

So I've been unmotivated. Yep. We didn't do shit today. It was cold again. I had all intentions of going and working out. But I lost all motivation.  I don't know what has gotten into me. I do know that the top of my left calf is killing me and walking up stairs is a chore.  I do know that my joints hurt.  Maybe I'm old and have arthritis.  Maybe the cold is making my bones hurt.  Or maybe I'm a hypochondriac.  Yeah, it's probably the last one.

So to get me up and motivated to do at least something I decided to take the kids to the mall. Kayleigh wanted to get some acessories for her Build a Bear. She spent her tooth fairy money. She got Winter (the bear's new name) a wig, high heels and a purse. So now Winter is styling. I let Spencer pick one thing for his, he got a football.  I took awesome pictures of them posed, but the damn SD card reader on the computer isn't working for some reason.  So tonight, you're getting phone pictures only!  Everyone of course commented on her fancy ” Coach” bag.  And she was so impressed with herself for paying with her own money :)  I gave Spencer the $3 cash for his football and he was so excited too!  He carried his receipt around the rest of the day like it was gold! 














I also decided to get the kids some frozen yogurt.  Because when it's -10* outside, what could be better than a delicious frozen non-dairy treat? :)

So that was the good part of my day.  Onto the bad...Well it's not so bad, but I'm an idiot!  So we get home around 5 and I stuff the chicken in the oven.  Yeah, dinner's going to be a little late tonight!  no biggie.  I'll just have the kids shower and get all ready, then they can eat, lounge for a few and get in bed.  Nope.  Kayleigh is all showered and Spencer is running around the house like a naked heathen and my phone starts to go off.  No, no one's calling me.  We have Girl Scouts.  In FIVE minutes!!!!!  SHIT!  So I called Stacey to ask if she didn't mind taking turd. She forgot too, but she took care of it. I got Spencer showered and was just going to let Stacey take care of it all.  But Spencer got all sad that he wouldn't be able to see his Girl Scout friend.  So in the car we go and we caught the last 20 or so minutes of the meeting and Spencer got to play with Corbin.  Then we came home and ate, late.  Not such a good start to the week.  Hopefully I can drag my ass out of bed in the morning!!!!  Wish me luck!!!!

OH a friend of mine posted this article on FB tonight.  And I thought it was funny because Nate and I were discussing this same thing about our relationship this weekend.  No one is going to be perfect, you have to work on it and with time you can grow more in love.  I thought it was interesting because the arcticle put it much better than I did.  So if you have the time, or are bored or whatever babe.  Take a few minutes to read it.  I think this is what I was trying to explain to you this weekend.  I LOVE YOU!!!  Oh, there is some God stuff in there too, but it still doesn't take away from my point!  SMOOCHES XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Fist let me start by saying, I'll be home on the original date. I called the Capt and explained that I had my TMO, Combat out, and dorm final out next week. He stopped me and said to go ahead and out-process, but send him an email with contact info in Alaska. So that settles it. I'll be home ON TIME!

    Hopefully, that helps you get out of this rut you're in. I think we both needed to hear some good news and that was it. I know when he told me that I almost jumped with joy and I almost let out a woohoo over the phone.

    So I read that article, but for some reason I wasn't piecing together what it was talking about. I get that it was talking about why marriage is so hard, but it didn't justify why it was so hard. At least not to me. And of course once anything takes a religious turn I ignore everything. Not to mention the whole Jesus stuff; I didn't think it had any relevance in why marriage is so hard. I was a little confused by that part and why it was in there. I do realize that marriage is hard and this might just be me, but I have found it hard and really easy. Never at the same time, but I would venture to say that it has been easy for the most part. I think raising kids is the hard part, but as long as we can hear each other out and stay opinionated without getting pissed at each other, I'd say we have an amazing marriage. One that isn't hard, it's just understood by the both of us. I'm not saying that we understand marriage. I'm simply saying that we understand each other and that works for us. We feed off each other. We fuel each other. We lean on each other. And when we need, we give each other breaks. I think our marriage works because we understand each other, are willing to compromise a little here and there. and we are willing to communicate our feelings without repercussion.

    Boy I sure hope what I said makes sense. I know this, I hit a zone writing there. My thoughts were flowing and my fingers were able to keep up and put my thoughts on... here. I was going to say paper, but this isn't exactly paper huh?

    Well, I'm gonna go now. I hope you have a better day tomorrow and everyday there after; even after I come home. I LOVE YOU! 21

    ReplyDelete