Sunday, January 8, 2012

336/365

Today it snowed a bajillion inches!  There was a lot of snow!  It was crazy!  Anyway, I had stuff I wanted to do today.  Go workout, run to the commissary (I'm out of coffee) and do a few other things.  But all the snow combined with the fact that I didn't even SEE a plow until three o'clock.  I was not going anywhere!  There is no way in hell I'm getting out there with over a foot of snow on un-plowed roads with the way idiots drive around here.  Not if I don't need to.  The commissary can wait.  And I can just sit and be lazy today!

OK, so I wasn't so lazy.  I had to dig out the back porch and Lola's trail.  Then the kids and I went "snowboarding".  They finally got to use the little plastic boards we got them for Christmas.

The snow hill in the middle of the cul de sac is WAY to high  and steep for them to try to board on.  There's a hill over by the park so I decided that was a gradual slope and good for them today.  So we walked over there.  The snow was so deep.  Kayleigh didn't even sink all the way down.
























Thank goodness Kayleigh went first, or Spencer would have been lost!
I seriously love this picture!

Then we get over there and Kayleigh tried to go down the hill, no way.  There was too much fluffy powder.  So the kids played at the playground.

And I used a snowboard to  "groom" a small track.  I dug out a ton of snow and then used the snowboard to pack it down.  I'm sure anyone looking out their window thought I was a crazy woman.  Hopefully they stayed at their window to see how much fun my kids had.

Kayleigh did so well!  She seriously fell twice!  I think when Nate gets back they might have to have a snowboarding date.  Of course I would recommend her take a lesson, I don't think either one of us are in a place to really teach her.  She loved it!  She begged me to go back to the cul de sac so she could go down the big hill.  I told her no.  I need to be there to watch her and her brother was having so much fun.  And this would be good practice and a confidence boost for her too!  She agreed and had fun watching Spencer.
I love this one too!!!

Spencer was all about it.  He loved it.  He got frustrated a few times because he couldn't stay up the whole way down.  But he did go all the way down two or three times.  And when he did, it was such a treat!  He was so happy and proud of himself.  And Kayleigh was so excited and jumping up and down for him!








There are a ton more pictures on Facebook if you want to check them out!!!  I think I took some awesome ones.  I LOVE the new camera and lens.  My new lens in by far my favorite!  I don't think I've used the old ones since I got the new one!

I had to bribe the kids with Hot Cocoa to get them to come home.  On the way we ran into Talisa.  Kayleigh invited her over.  And somehow I ended up with Jeremiah too!  So it was hot cocoa for four!  The kids had lots of fun playing.  And honestly I prefer for both Jeremiah and Talisa to come over because Spencer always feels so sad and left out. 

Then it was dinner (stir fry), showers and bed.  And that was my night.  Tomorrow is a big day for me, I have my first day of class.  I go eight times and Nate will be home :)  This month is going by so SLOW!  It needs to hurry up!!!!

Oh and for the record, this is how much snow we have....

Walkway going to the front door
From the front door























I should have gotten in the picture for some perspective, but it's deep.  A LOT more than last year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Holy Shit that's a lot of snow! That is a lot more than we got last year. I can't believe it's snowed that much. It's funny too because weren't you complaining like last week that it was raining too much? Well, I have to say sorry because I know how much of a pain in the ass shoveling all that snow must have been, but hey I hear it's one hell of a work out.

    So the you listened to my idea of taking the kids snowboarding. Just looking at the pictures I can tell that they had a ton of fun. Which is good because they need to have fun and get out and get all that energy out. So Kayleigh is a natural huh? That's really awesome. I kind of figured that she would be better than Spencer, but only falling twice all day, that's pretty amazing. Yeah, it was a make shift hill and probably not very steep either, but it's hard to stay up on the board when you are used to being able to move both your legs independently. I think my favorite picture though is of Spencer. When he was leaned really far back cutting that powder. I'm sure he was probably falling, but it definitely looked like he was carving it up good. So how did those boards work out for them? Did their feet stay on them okay? I'm just curious that's all. I would totally have a snowboarding date with my beautiful daughter. I will also have one with Spencer if that's okay. Then I'm gonna turn around and have one with you to top it all off.

    Well babe, I love the pictures and I'm glad the kids got some good use out of their boards. I'm glad they had fun, but the one thing you didn't mention was you. Did you have fun? Well, you kind of mentioned a little bit about you. You said you love the new lens. I'm so happy you do. I don't think you've used the other lens since you got that one either. I'm really glad to hear that too. It lets me know that my gift wasn't a waste.

    Well, it's time for me to study. GOTTA MAKE TECH! I will be heart broken if I don't make tech this time around. I'm putting in a lot of study time toward this rank. I just hope it pays off in the end. I will let you go now. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU! 29!

    ReplyDelete