Today was better than yesterday. I woke up feeling like shit. So I decided to be lazy and feel sorry for myself. And not work out. So that's what I did. I talked to Nate, like usual. And afterward I felt much better. I realize that there is nothing I can do about any of this. So we have to accept it and move on. So that's what I am doing. Being angry or crying for hours (like I did last night) will not change the situation. And Nate WILL come home. He has done nothing wrong. And we will end this tour in better shape (physically, mentally, emotionally, in our relationship, financially, in his career, really in every way) than we started. And it will end. And our life will go on. No matter what!
After I realized all that today I finally got out of my funk and started to get some stuff done. I am REALLY far behind on housework. But oh well. Nate just better not expect a spotless house when he comes home this time. It will be clean and tidy, but there will be laundry to do and probably a few dust bunnies! Anyway, Spencer and I went down to UAA to get the last book I needed. Here's what I got....
That's the books for one class and two packs of accounting paper! All that cost $190! It was the most I spent on any class. All my books together ended up being $320. Mostly because I used Amazon and not the campus bookstore. If I would have bought them all from there it would have been about $600 for used or $800 for new!!!! I'm really glad that I'm good at finding my books from other sources. Because the GI bill only gives me $500 a semester for books! So we are ahead $180 now!!! :) I rule! I ran a little when Kayleigh was at ballet. I blame my new found motivation. I'm not going to write about my workout because it feels redundant, so if you want to you can read my dm. So I'm going to close this up for now. I'm wound up and need to relax, maybe watch some mindless tv. I've noticed my fuse is really short. I feel like I'm losing my mind! This tour needs to end!!!!
After I realized all that today I finally got out of my funk and started to get some stuff done. I am REALLY far behind on housework. But oh well. Nate just better not expect a spotless house when he comes home this time. It will be clean and tidy, but there will be laundry to do and probably a few dust bunnies! Anyway, Spencer and I went down to UAA to get the last book I needed. Here's what I got....
That's the books for one class and two packs of accounting paper! All that cost $190! It was the most I spent on any class. All my books together ended up being $320. Mostly because I used Amazon and not the campus bookstore. If I would have bought them all from there it would have been about $600 for used or $800 for new!!!! I'm really glad that I'm good at finding my books from other sources. Because the GI bill only gives me $500 a semester for books! So we are ahead $180 now!!! :) I rule! I ran a little when Kayleigh was at ballet. I blame my new found motivation. I'm not going to write about my workout because it feels redundant, so if you want to you can read my dm. So I'm going to close this up for now. I'm wound up and need to relax, maybe watch some mindless tv. I've noticed my fuse is really short. I feel like I'm losing my mind! This tour needs to end!!!!
It's good to hear you had a better day. I see you have embraced the suck that is Korea. I'm glad you got out of that funk... at least for today. Try to stay out of it, not like you don't try or anything, but it's just nice to hear that you did get out of it. And you're right about one thing. I WILL come home. Hell, I've even had to come to terms with it, but that is one thing I tell myself everyday. I WILL COME HOME. I'm also glad to hear that you strongly believe we will come out of this stronger in every way then when we went into it. It's been a long road, but with trust, honesty and the communication we have had, I believe we will come out of this stronger as well.
ReplyDeleteToday was good for me. Of course besides the fact that I had to see that dumb ass again. But all in all it went well. I heard a song today that really reminded me of you/us. It's called "Just a Kiss." I don't know who it's by, but it really made me miss you today.
Well, I guess that's all I have for now. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU!