Today was hectic. I ran. I only did three miles. But I kicked those three miles ass!!! OK, well my three was going by the treadmill. I went and planned for three, so I didn't do less than I wanted (in case that's what you were thinking). Anyway, my first two miles were hard! It was hard for me to get moving. I think I am becoming more of a distance runner because after that I got in the zone and was surprised when it was time for me to stop. So onto how I killed this run. When I came home and looked at my splits. My first mile was 10 minutes. Nice, easy beginning pace. But miles two and three, they were sub-nine! 8:56 and 8:40! That is awesome for me. I am super proud of myself. I don't expect to run sub-9's for the half, but I'm hoping to be somewhere in the 10-11 range. I figure if I average and 11 minute mile I will be done in 2 hours 24 minutes! I guess here's to hoping!
I did a lot of reading today. I am almost done with all my homework for one class. And the book I was missing finally came in today. So I don't have to use my "late pass" and I can save it for when I really need it. I've been really irritable today. It seemed like every time I got in the middle of work or something one of the kids would do something to interrupt me. Like banging on the front door when they are capable of opening the damn thing themselves. It really irritated me.
I was busy today, but I was also very productive. I got everything I needed to done. I read, did some homework, I did my cleaning (minus the bathrooms which I was supposed to do today, but they'll have to wait), went to the commissary, made dinner, did laundry (including putting it up), prep'd tomorrows lunches and dinner. All in all it was a good day.

The Auroras are supposed to be out tonight. And it isn't cloudy! So I will keep an eye on the window and try to see if we can see anything. I guess it will give me a good chance to stay up and study a bit. If I don't see them, it's fine. I would just really like to! We've been here a year and still haven't. I'm starting to think they're a myth like all those moose people talk about. I haven't seen one in months!!! But it is cold and you know what out right now. We had a couple of days in the positives, so now it's back to subzero highs and me locking myself in the house ;) However, we're looking to warm up the first two days of February. There's even a day where the first digit in the projected high is a TWO!!! Hell yeah for 20+*!
No comments:
Post a Comment