Friday, January 6, 2012

334/365

It's groundhog day here at this Meneses household.  Same thing.  Get the kids to school.  Go workout.  Get them home. Make dinner.  Scream like a maniac when they don't listen.  Rinse.  Repeat.  My workout was good.  I lifted.  Then I have decided that my butt isn't as wonderful as it used to be.  Mostly there's just less of it, which I know will disappoint Nate.  So I am going to do something about it.  I decided on weights days I'm going to do the step mill.  I love that machine.  I don't do it often because my gym time is dominated by lifting or running a lot.  But I don't want my husband to trade me in for a newer model, so it's time to try to get that booty back ;)  Anyway I started out slow and easy today because that thing can kill you if you do too much.  And I  had already done dead lifts, Bulgarian split squats, and reverse lunges, so lots of leg work.  Anyway I did 15 minutes of intervals just to start.  They got new Step Mills at the gym, they are really fancy.  Have I mentioned I love that machine?  Then to stretch out my legs I did 15 minutes of bicycling.  At and easy resistance.  Just to get my legs stretched out again.  I'm not sore now, but I'm sure I won't be able to move in the morning.  I'm going to take an epson salt bath tonight and hope it soothes my muscles. 

Tonight was family movie night.  We had pizza.  I made it on flat bread.  The kids loved it.  It was a crispy crust (they like that).  And it was EASY!  Read, I didn't have to spend two hours making bread from scratch.  And it was only 100 calories for the crust!  I think we'll have to do it again that way.  We also watched a movie called Mr Poppers Penguins.  It is a Jim Carrey movie.  And if you know me, you know I despise Jim Carrey. I don't like crass, "look at me I'm funny" humor.  I'm more of a dry, sarcasm kinda girl.  But it was the only kids movie at the Red Box.  So I figured we'd try it.  I actually enjoyed it.  I thought it was a good movie!  It shocked me! The kids loved it!  So babe, maybe you should get that one too!  That would make the kiddos happy! :)

After our dinner, I make chocolate pudding thing.  It was supposed to have this topping.  The small one is mine and the big one belongs to the kids. 

Here Kayleigh is enjoying it.  She made me take a picture of her like that so you know she likes it!  And I'm yelling at Spencer to look at the camera!  Put your eyeballs on me son!!!!!! 

When dessert and the movie were over, we had to run back down to the redbox.  I was too lazy to lock up the dog, so I decided to take her with us.  Bit mistake.   I was trying to be nice and she hasn't gone for a ride in a long time.  But she annoyed the crap out of me!!!  She has to be the worst car dog ever.  I'd rather have our old dog that puked everytime we got in the car.  No, scratch that.  I wouldn't like that either.  Why can't we just have a good car ride dog?  Now she's calm.  But earlier I was ready to throw her out of the moving car!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome groundhog day! Well, I can't say my day was exciting. I didn't have anyone make me chocolate pudding thing. Hell, I felt so damn lazy that I didn't go to the gym tonight. All, I did was start my X-Men marathon. I'm glad you had the drive to go to the gym. I don't know if it's because I'm not feeling well... still or what. I want you to know I'm super proud of you for being so strong and having so much drive to go to the gym this entire year. You have motivated and inspired me. Yes I had a lazy night. Who doesn't have a lazy night? But you truly have inspired me. You look really awesome. I STILL LOVE YOUR BUTT! But if you want to do the stair climber thingy then go ahead. Ultimately, it's just gonna get nicer. Let's get back on track before this gets too out of hand! I do think you look amazing though.

    So... you liked Mr. Poopers Penguins? That is very interesting to me. I never would have thought in a million years that I would hear you admit that you liked a Jim Carey movie. I had to check my pulse and pinch myself to make sure I was still alive!

    I like the picture of Kayleigh and you yelling at Spencer. It's cute, but if you hadn't explained it, I would have thought you caught Kayleigh at a bad time. Spencer looked cute though.

    Well, I'm sorry the dog is a pain in the ass. Maybe when I get there and take her hunting; I might mistake her for a wolf. Then all the blame will be on me and she will be out of your hair too. It's a win, win for you... kind of! You will still want to pull your hair out just hearing the kids complain/cry about it. In turn you'll probably shoot me!

    Well, it's off to bed for this old man. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU BABE!

    ReplyDelete