Wednesday, December 28, 2011

325/365

Today was great!  I went to the AO and met Amber.  The kids played and after they left, I lifted.  It was a good workout.  This is my last time doing this stage.  Next week, I'll be onto stage 4 (of 7).  Stage four has the same workouts (plus more abs) as stage 2!  So at least I know what I'm in for!  I'm determined to get through all the stages before I have to start seriously training for the half.  I should be able to do it!  I don't want to stress my body too much by lifting heavy and running A LOT more.  So after I am done with this, I'll have to work on striking a balance.  Last time I lifted heavy and ran a lot I got sick and quit both.  So I definitely don't want to do that. 

After the AO we came home and had lunch and piddled around the house for a bit.  Then we went to Buckner to swim!  The pool over there is much better.  Especially for my kids.  Especially Spencer.  It took him about an hour before he was comfortable going in above his knees, poor thing.  He is still so scared.  I don't push him.  It's not really a big deal.  There are adults that are afraid of water or don't like to swim and they are productive members of society.  This one dislike will not ruin him for life.  Just from the beach ;)  Kayleigh was swimming, sort of.  It really irritates me that she knows how to swim, but won't really do it.  I've seen her swim over half the width of the pool at Luke, face in the water and breathing like she should, but all she does here is stand up after two strokes.  It's sorta irritating.  But whatever.  I know if her daddy was there, she'd be all over going in the deep and and really swimming to show off for him.  We'll definitely have to go when he's on leave and during Spring Break.

I got the kids Christmas gifts from my mom today.  So she asked what to get Kayeligh.  I told her she would love embroidery floss to make friendship bracelets with and a little container to store it in.  You know the kind you weave and stuff.  Well we open the box and there is like 3 little things of floss and 10,000 beads!!!!  I am not kidding.  It's pretty bad.  It may not look like it, but that box is huge.  And to top it all of, there is no sort of organization.  They're all in little baggies.  What the hell am I going to do with all this?  I am already haveing a HUGE organization problem with toys and stuff.  I really wish we had an IKEA near.  Because I need to find a solution for the play room and 10,000 beads in baggies is not going to solve my problem.  I know I sound ungrateful.  I'm not.  I'm glad that my mom cared enough to get something more.  But All I asked for was some thread for her to make, like these.  And I don't think I can take any of these crazy beads back.  I liked it better when she would just send money and I could get what I wanted.  I don't go overboard.  I know space is a premium in our life and get rid of so much.  I don't think she understands that.  All these beads for a seven year old is crazy!  Sometimes I really wish people wouldn't get any gifts.  Some people are great thoughtful gift givers.  They really think about the person and what they would like and could use.  I appreciate those.  But other people just give anything.  And it leads to a lot of extra crap that no one uses laying around the house.  And for me the purger that is a big deal!  Anyway, sort of went off on a tangent there, I think we'll go to JoAnn's on Friday and I'll see what I can find.  It would be really nice if I could find something to store the toys in too!  But I probably won't.  Boo.  Anyway, to repeat I am grateful for the gifts.  Thanks mom!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, besides Kayleigh not swimming like she knows how and your mom sending unorginized beads, it sounds like you had a pretty good day. I agree that you shouldn't stress your body by doing to much working out, but at the same time, you will be stressing your body a lot more just by training for the half. So start slow and finish strong!

    My day was okay. I did some more snow plowing and that was it. I think I found my new calling in life though... snow plowing! For some reason I just love doing it. I don't know why. Maybe it just puts my mind at ease. I don't really have to think about what I'm doing. All I have to focus on is getting the snow moved off the roads. So that was my day.

    I will talk with you in the morning. Until then, have a nice day. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete