BTW, I am so glad that this blog is semi-private! Anyone can read it, but it's pretty obscure and you can't search by my name. You either need a link or it may randomly pop up if someone hits "next blog" there at the top. So that means I can get all this shit off my chest without going off on anyone, family, friends etc! I'm glad I really didn't give the address out! And I think I will keep it that way! :)
OK, so on to today! We found Peter this morning on the ottoman with a paper chain, a HUGE mess of paper and scissors in his hands!
When we counted, the paper chain had 64 chains! That's one for each day until Nate comes home. I told the kids that Peter was off by one, no one's perfect, so we wouldn't take one off today. That way Nate can surprise them when he comes home! :)
I went to the gym today. I lifted. It was good. When I was leaving the weight room I saw this guy doing the front squat/push press that I did and he was doing 135 pounds! I do 55! I said a mental FU and left. I know I'm a chick and shouldn't be able to do that much. But I've never seen anyone else do that exercise and I seriously KILLS me. I feel like I'm about to fall on my face when I whip the weight over my head and I am panting by the time I'm done with my set. I swear people look at me weird when I do them (yes I'm sure that's in my head, I always think people look at me weird). But that GUY did more than twice what I can and it looked easy for him, ASS! I also decided that on weights days I am going to start running. Not a lot. My goal is to have more endurance for when Nate comes home, Just kidding, sort of ;) No, but seriously, I ran a mile without stopping to walk. So I just want to use weight days to start to build my running without stopping. I will still do intervals on run days, but I figure probably a month of running 1 mile straight and then add a quarter mile every couple weeks. We'll see how that goes. If I never go past a mile or two, so be it. It's just something to do to challenge myself since running inside on the treadmill gets boring.
I went to Best Buy after my workout and got Kayleigh's big present. A 3DS. I wasn't going to get the 3DS, I was actually going to get the DSi XL. But I haven't been able to find any deals any DS's this season. So, when I saw Best Buy running a Buy a 3DS and get a $50 gift card, I jumped on that. I got the DS, two games, screen protectors and a hard case for what a 3DS costs. So I think, besides Nate and my parents, I am DONE Christmas shopping. I am sure I'll see a few little things and get them. But I'm fairly certain, I'm done! :)
OK, so on to the Christmas party. It was fun! The girls ate pizza!
Spencer and his GS friend Corbin got some too!
They did crafts...
| The lid popped off! |
| That's Holly, she REALLY likes to be in pictures |
| TA DA! Glitter candle! |
| Another one! |
Spencer even did a craft...
Then they did their gift exchange. Kayleigh got some Monster High thing. I really don't know what that is. Kayleigh talks about it. But she does not watch it! I guess it's these girls who are werewolves and vampires and other Halloween type stuff and they go to high school. It's a cartoon. Anyway, she got this kit to decorate a T-shirt like a girl on Monster High. Great just what I wanted, my daughter to start drawing on her clothes. The least they could have done was include a shirt. I think I'm going to put it in the closet and hope that she forgets about it. Maybe I can bribe her with something else and re-gift that later. I'm not excited! Funny thing is at the Ornament party the mom that got Kayleigh and I were talking. She said, "All the girls like monster high and Justin Beiber." Now at the time I didn't know her daughter got Kayleigh and I said, Kayleigh thinks she likes those things, but she doesn't know anything about them. She's never seen monster high and when we went to Arthur Christmas Justin Beiber's "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" music video (which he totally murdered that song, it's bad!) came on before and she asked me, "who's that guy in the vest? He looks funny when he's singing!" I told her. And she goes, "Oh I LOVE Justin Beiber" WHAT?!? Two seconds ago you didn't know who he was and thought he was funny looking! Anyway, Kayleigh got that monster high stuff and here are pictures.
She was really excited! I sounded like an ungrateful bitch there. Sorry. I'm not ungrateful. It was nice of her mom to get a gift she thought any girl would like. And I'll figure out what to do with it. It's just not my style personally. That's all. Oh and here's another picture...
Yep, Holly jumped in that one too! Tell you the truth, that girl annoys me. Kayleigh LOVES her. But I don't think I can have her over to the house for a play date! She makes me want to pull my hair out. But I may ask her mom if she wants to meet at the AO or something. They get along really well.
I'm starting to think I just don't like kids. I swear most of Kayleigh's friends annoy the shit out of me. Maybe it's the age. They're at an awkward age. Not LITTLE girls, but not tweens yet. They want to be grown, but still pretend to be babies and they have so much damn energy! I'm sure Kayleigh is as annoying as all the rest, I'm just used to her annoyingness. A long time ago, my mother in law told me, "I loved them when they were babies and toddlers and when they were teenagers. All that stuff in between, I could do without." At the time, Kayleigh was three and Spencer was six months, I had never heard a mother say something like that. But now I understand. This middle "kid" time is rough. Anyway, that was my day. So I'm going to go up and take a bath and get in bed. Goodnight!
Wow! That was a lot to read. I wasn't expecting to read that much. I guess it's because the past few posts have been short. I'm sorry Stacy and Chris are such flakes and are super lazy. There was a time when I didn't WANT to go to something Kayleigh was doing, but I still went and it turned out to be a good time for me as well. Of course there were those times when I couldn't go and I was like, THANK YOU! Looking back at all that now, I feel horrible. I seriously wish I could go to Kayleigh's Girl Scout meetings with her. I know she would love it and I miss being able to do little things like that. But back to the original topic. I am sorry that those two are so untrustworthy and drop all their stuff on you. You are right about having enough to deal with and they should know that. So I don't know what the hell is going through their heads, but it makes me sad for you and the kids and Talisa. I don't know how this is gonna sound to you, but maybe we do need to move to Eagle River when I get there. I know strategically and diplomatically it's not a sound choice, but it sounds like you need to get away. It's more money, I can't come home for lunch (for nooners). So I don't know. I wonder if we can move to another housing area?
ReplyDeleteWell, my day was okay again. We lost again tonight. I'm so sick of losing. I don't know what to do. I played the first half at QB and only defense the second half. We scored while I was in, but it seemed like no one could catch the ball the second half. That sucked, but by that time, my arm was throbbing from throwing the ball. All in all it was a good hard fought game, but someone always wins and it wasn't us again.
Well, I don't have anything else to talk about, so I'll let you go. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU!!