He wrote on the pictures! The big one he wrote MERRY CHRISTMAS! I thought that was nice.
But the rest are naughty. He drew glasses and a crown on Kayleigh
Spencer got a mustache and beard
Our family picture daddy got an old man beard and he drew Lola in for us ;)
Then he told us what he thought of mom and dad
Lastly, he showed love to daddy and the kiddos!
We had a little Christmas party at Spencer's school. We had hot cocoa and graham crackers.
And the kids made us presents. All the other moms got to open their presents, but Spencer insisted that I not open mine. He wanted to put it under the tree and have me open it on Christmas. I do happen to know that it's an ornament with his picture on it. But it could be a snowman, penguin or santa. I do not know. How exciting!
So, yesterday when I was getting my hair cut the guy who cut it told me that I have a small patch of grey hair in the back of my head! So all those hairs on the top of my head I was trying to convince myself were blonde must actually be grey! BOO! I'm not even 30! And I'm going to be an old lady! Anyway, he told me not to worry A LOT of people have grey hair young. And mine isn't noticable, unless you are looking. He also said that he see's a lot of very young people lately. Like teenagers and even a five year old with grey hairs. He actually was talking about maybe it being something that we eat now, or some other chemical that is entering our body in modern society. An interesting theory. Anyway, on with my story. Today when Spencer was laying on my lap while we were watching TV I was playing with his hair. I FOUND A GREY HAIR!!!! At first I thought it was one of Lola's hairs, but I pulled on it and it was attached. My FOUR year old has a grey hair!!! So I was thinking about his theory. But then I came up with one of my own. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the lack of sun up here in the winter. When you are in the sun your body produces melanin, that is what gives your skin color. Well your hair also has melanin. That is how it gets color. Anyway, the sun stimulates melanites in your skin, so why wouldn't it do it in hair. I wonder if us wearing hats all the time in the winter and so little sun causes some cells in our head to stop producing melanin giving us grey hair. Also, grey and white hair (which I will say I have so I don't feel so old, although I really don't think it matters) really is clear. Like a polar bear. Cool huh? What a nerd I am! You know, I;m going to start calling it clear hair instead. That sounds better. And Nate calls me clear anyway :) I think tomorrow I'll try to get a picture of Spencer's lone "clear hair!
The pictures made me LOL! Very cute!
ReplyDelete