This is where we found Peter this morning.
Kayleigh made him a kitchen out of my boot box. And that "wall paper" is
He stole food
Got frosting all over his face
It's been warm. It was raining. We were going to go sledding but the rain made me think twice. I really didn't want to trudge up a wattery hill only to sled into a pool.
OK, well as you can tell this isn't my usual writing. I'm really close to having a break down and a panic attack. Right as I sat down to right this I got a FB message from a friend that Kim Jong Il is dead. So I immediately go to the living room and turn on CNN. And holy shit am I scared! Everyone says, "Oh, he's JUST in Korea" like it's no big deal. Well yes, there is no immediate threat. But most people don't realize that North Korea and South Korea don't have a treaty or anything. They're just sort of at a stalemate. Anyway, NK and SK is a volitile area. The NK's are crazy. They worship that horrible man. Worship him like a God.
Anyway, his son, the heir apparent, no one knows anything about him. They know he's Kim Jong Il's son. They know he's supposed to become President. They know his name and that they've been grooming him to take Il's place. But they don't even know how old this kid is. They say he's young, late 20's. But no one knows his age. No one know's what kind of ruler he is going to be. Whether he's going to go picking fights or signing peace treaties (I know the second one is VERY unlikely considering how brainwashed all of those North Korean's are, I'm sure he is no different and Democracies are the devil to him too). We don't know if any of the high ranking Generals don't like him and will try to stage a coup. We don't know if tons of North Korean's will run for the borders.
WE DON'T KNOW! And right now that is what has me going. I'm such a pessimist. I think the worst of everything. I do really think that nothing good will come from this mans death. No treaties will be signed. Relations will not improve. Why would they? The upper echelon of that government enjoys luxuries, people really don't like to change the status quo. So in my mind, best case senario, everything stays the same. But on the other hand, shit could hit the fan! And that's what has me worried. My husband could be hurt, killed or held up there longer than our one year. It sucks and it has me worried. I will continue to be worried until I know for certain that everything is ok. For now, I'm going to go and cuddle with the kiddos and try to hold it together until I can get them in bed. Then I think I'll go cry myself to sleep.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete