Wednesday, December 21, 2011

318/365

Peter did the kids a favor last night and put up some Christmas lights in the living room.  They've been mad  that I didn't put up any lights.  He must have heard them!  How nice.  Both kids think it's beautiful!

Today is Winter Solstice.  The shortest day of the year.  I thought I would use it as a convienent chance to cross off number 20 on my list, watch the sunrise and set in the same day.  So I started out with a picture of the moon at 830 this morning.  I think I got some really good shots.  It was beautiful.  I just used my elbows and the corner of the wall as a brace so I didn't move too much since you have to set the shutter speed really low.









Next is a picture taken at 1040, technical sunrise

And then FINALLY at around 1115 the sun peeked over the mountains


I took some other pictures between 1040 and 1115 trying to get my settings right.  They weren't exactly what I was looking for, but ended up looking really cool. This is the order they were taken in too!

All of this made me decide that I am going to get a couple of filters and see if I can really capture the colors.

So for the other half of this cross off the list thing, I should have pictures.  But I don't.  We went to the AO so I could work out.  By the time I was done, it was almost sunset.  So we motored home and grabbed the camera. Then we drove to the spot I was going to take a picture I turned on the camera and  "NO CARD" came up!  In the new camera there is no internal memory, so you HAVE to have a card.  I grabbed the phone and it was almost dead.  When I opened up the camera app, it popped up "Low Battery" and switched off the camera.  So no sunset picture.  I'm still marking it off though because we sat in the car and watched the beautiful sunset!

Nate would be glad to know that I went and worked out today. I did that workout that I posted a few days ago.  And I finally made it all the way through the body weight matrix!!!!  WOO FRIGGIN HOO!  It was hard, but I did it.  I originally wanted to do a long run afterward.  But once I got on the treadmill and got going my legs couldn't run more than .6 miles.  It was ridiculous.  They just didn't want to work.  So I walked a bit more and then quit.  I figure I fatigued my muscles enough with that hard workout.  I'll rest a lot tonight, take and Epson salt bath and hopefully try to get a long run in tomorrow.  Even if I get 3 miles in I'll be happy.  Hell, I don't even mind run a mile, walk a while, run another mile, etc.  I just need to start getting my mileage up again.  I also think that working out in the afternoon is killing me.  I am a morning work outer.  But I've been avoiding the AO in the morning because there's this mean kid that goes in the morning.  Well he was there this afternoon and has been there a few other times in the afternoon.  It seems like he's ALWAYS there.  So  I guess now I might as well go when I work out better, since he'll be there no matter what anyway!

I found my new favorite muscle today....

YEP, calves!  I've said before that my arms tone up very nicely and quickly.  But my legs take a LONG time.  Really I've never had legs that I loved and were super toned. Well during my (REALLY HARD) workout today I noticed I have crazy calf muscles!!  YAY ME!


2 comments:

  1. I like what you did with the lights. I'm sure the kids did love them and were very happy when they saw them up. And those pictures of the sunrise. I think they are REALLY cool. I absolutely love them. I don't think there has been one bad picture of Alaska. Everywhere you look it seems to be so magical and beautiful. Where else could you take pictures like that every day? Certainly not here!

    So... NICE CALF MUSCLES! I think you might be showing me up. My gosh you're hot. You have an amazing body from head to toe. Hopefully, I'll be there with you soon. Tonight's work out was legs. VERY EASY I might add. I hate doing legs, but we did leg press, curls, toe raises and extensions. I didn't feel like it was a good work out so I took us to the push-up/sit-up room and we did lunges, sumo squats, jump squats and switch leg lunges. Then we did abs and pushups. He hated my part of it which was the last bit I just mentioned. For the push-ups we did wide grip push-ups, standard push-ups, tricep push-ups and diamond push-ups. For the abs we did wide leg sit-ups, v up sit-ups, and leg climbers. 15 reps for each. Nothing hard (for me) but still a good work out... at least for him. It was a good workout for me as well. I ran a few laps upstairs and realized how tired my legs really were. Then like that wasn't enough, I went down and played basketball with Eaton.

    Well, that was my day. Nothing else happening right now. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Your calves are blowing me away! Nice work, Devi! And I love the last sunrise picture! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete