Anyway, my plan was to go work out then grab some ice skates for me and Spencer (Kayleigh already has her own) and go ice skating for a bit. Well I went and worked out. Then I checked my phone and saw we were under another wind advisory! UGH! I did not want to get everything, get them excited only to get out there for five minutes and have the wind start blowing us over. So I decided that we were going bowling instead. I explained all of this to Kayleigh and told her we would try again in Thursday (when ODR opens again). So I took some pictures and video. However, because my plan origionally did not involve going straight there from the Oasis, I didn't have my camera with me. I did have my phone and the tablet (I was trying to use the tab to log my workout it worked well). My stupid phone did not want to work. So I decided to use the tab. It was a bit unwieldy, but I could handle it. And it worked in a pinch. I would rather use my regular camera for video and the DSLR for pictures, but this got the job done. So I took video of each kid bowling.
The video quality isn't the best, but I can directly upload videos to You Tube! That was nice! And here are the pictures I took. Well I took this one of Spencer...
Kayleigh took this one of me...
And I helped Spencer take this one of Kayleigh ( I was terrified he was going to drop it)...
We had breakfast for dinner, again. It's become a weekly thing. It's just so damn easy. But I did do something a little diffrent this time. I used a Chirstmas Tree cookie cutter to cut out the middle of the bread. Then I put it on the griddle and cracked an egg in there.
Then I flipped it
and cooked until done.
Of course Spencer didn't eat much. But Kayleigh loved and appreciated it. So it was no treat night for Spencer again. This is getting old. Just for once I'd like both of them to eat and all of us to enjoy a treat together. Kayleigh and I made some more gingerbread cookies from that batch I froze last week.
That has to really suck not being able to go skating and having to stay indoors. I'm not being sarcastic about it either. But at least you found a way to entertain them. They both love bowling and I know you do too. Well, as long as they act good. By the way, YOU LOOK SO DAMN HOT in the picture Kayleigh too. I LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteI think your breakfast idea is really cool. I'm quite fond of it. Hell, I wish I could have eaten that. I'm glad that Kayleigh got to partake in the treats this time since she didn't get to when you made the first batch. I know she appreciated that. That and some alone time with you I'm sure is nice for her. You two can do girly things together and make fun of boys like I know girls like to do ;) In all seriousness though, I'm glad you two got some one on one time. She needs it. She has been so strong through all of this and she has to be away from you for most of the day. So all in all, I'm sure deep down inside she really enjoyed the time with you.
Well, I just got back from the gym. I don't know if you remember or not, but 13.5 laps make a mile and a half. I ran 14 laps tonight in 12:55. So I would take about 20 to 25 seconds off that and that should be how long it takes me to run the 1.5 miles. Not bad if you ask me. Other than that, considering the circumstances, I had an okay day. We received another update to the current situation today. I'll explain that later. But it was uneasy news and I wanted to jump on FB and let you know right away. Then I got an emergency work order that had to do with the situation. This whole thing just kicked off and already it's wearing on me. I JUST WANT TO GO HOME! Leave us the F alone!
Well, that was my day. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!!
1) The bowling pictures above brought back some good memories of you and I at RAFL! :)
ReplyDelete2) Love, love, love the breakfast idea! We have molds here that we use for eggs, but cutting out the shape in the bread is so cool!