Spencer kept watching him thinking he would move or the train would magically move.
I went to the Oasis and lifted. I started the new routine. And damn it's hard. There are some lifts that I've never done before. They were hard, but I felt them work muscles that I don't think I ever worked before. There's one called dumbbell single arm overhead squat. You would think that it would just work your legs and shoulders. But I really felt it in my back, not my lower back like I was lifting wrong, but in the sides of my back. I suppose you'd call them the obliques of your back. I guess I could go look up the muscles. Ok so I did look it up. I felt it in the lower erector spinae muscles. Not an expectation when you are doing a squat. Anyway, it was great! So, I'll break down tonight's workout...
1. One arm snatch 3 sets 6 reps 15lbs/20lbs/20lbs
2a. Single leg Romanian deadlift 3 sets 6 reps 20lb/20lb/25lb
2b. Barbell bent over row 3sets 6 reps 50 lbs each set
3a. Dumbbell single arm overhead squat 3sets 6 reps 10lb/10lb/10lb
3b. Dumbbell incline benchpress 3sets 6 reps 20lb/20lb/25lb
4a. Reverse wood chop (I did with dumbells because the cable machine didn't have a rope)
3sets 6 reps 15lbs each set
4b. Plank 3 sets 90 seconds each
Then there was the body weight matrix which is 24 squats, 12 lunges each leg, 12 lunge jumps each leg then 24 squat jumps. You are supposed to rest twice as long as it takes you to do it the first time, then do it again. I got to about my 5th lunge jump and I couldn't do any more! Let alone do it a second time!! So I quit an went and ran my mile. I'm spent to say the least!
We came home and pretty much hung out the rest of the day. The kids made Peter a house. It is really cute! They taped up the box my boots came in and went to town coloring on it.
They set up a night light, wood platform bed complete with cotton ball pillows, blanket and cuddly toy giraffe. They also have him some reading material and a music box to make his home complete!
I hope he uses it tonight! They will be so excited!
You can totally see the excitement on Spencer's face. He absolutely loves the idea of Peter riding his trains. Are you going to put Peter on any of Kayleigh's stuff? I'm sure she would get a real kick out of it. I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. So please don't take it like that. Written words hold no emotion. If you have put him on her stuff or messing with her stuff then I apologize. Anyways, I love the picture of Spencer starring at Peter like he was going to move. It's really cute.
ReplyDeleteI really loved the bedroom the kids made for Peter. My gosh, they can be so cute and creative. I'm glad to see that our kids have that kind of imagination and don't just want to play Wii all the time. I'm super proud of the brilliant minds and endless imagination.
So, I'm about to do that workout. Wish me luck. That being said, please don't ever think that you are not good enough for me. If anything, it's the other way around. You are an amazing person. You have an amazing personality, you are beautiful, you are smart, you're a great mother and most importantly, you are the perfect wife. I'm lucky to have you in my life. I'm lucky have you as my wife, and I'm lucky to be able to say you're mine. I have to be the luckiest guy in the world to married to a woman who has so much talent, beauty, smarts and personality. You are my everything and I want you to know that. I want you to know that I LOVE YOU!! I love you with ALL my heart. Everyday I thank you for sticking with me and not finding a better man for yourself.
I'm gonna let you go for now. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU!!