This morning we found Peter in the light. He was in the perfect spot for us today. We sat around and watched movies and played and did crafts. It was in the 40's and raining all day. Which means it was NASTY out side. Like break up nasty! UGH! Kayleigh was really upset, she thought winter was over! I had to calm her down and assure her that snow will be back in just a few days. The snow is mostly melted and I'm sure everything will ice over tonight. I'm starting to wonder if they'll cancel school tomorrow. I guess we'll find out in the morning.
| The kids with their crafts! |
I guess part of my not being able to sleep last night was Nate and I got into a small tift. Basically I said, I'd be home at 10 (which I had every intention of) bet ended up not getting home until midnight. And he hung around waiting for me. It made him upset that he waited for me and I didn't tell him I was going to be late. And it made me upset that he expected me to report my every single move. We're good now, but sleeping on it did not help me. It blew up into a full blown fight this morning when we Skyped. It ended with my just getting off Skype with nothing resolved because I did not want to use our talking time yelling at each other. So I moved on to the rest of my day. I don't have time to be pissed off at him. I think I may have been a little extra emotional because of it (think; crying during a movie because their cat died, or just general Christmas stuff that he won't be here for) Anyway, he went home during lunch and called me back. He said that he was scared that the kids and I had gone somewhere and got in an accident and the last thing he said to me was not nice (I mean he didn't call me names or anything, he doesn't fight like that. But we were not kind to each other). Of course that made me cry. I cried and cried and cried while we were talking. I'm scared now that what if something happens. Anything can happen. And he wouldn't be able to get home. What would our last words have been to each other. How long has it been since I've felt his arms around me? It just made me so sad. This tour can not be over soon enough.
Sorry the weather is crap. I know you love being outside. I like the kids projects. They look really cute and the kids look really happy with them.
ReplyDeleteWell, I can't apologize enough about last night. I don't know if it was the "tift" or what, but I couldn't sleep either. And this morning. As much as it sucked; it at least taught us a valuable lesson. That and we re-learned something about ourselves. You know, the whole we both suck at keeping time thing. I would not be able to forgive myself if we had a fight and then you got in an accident or got hurt. I would go crazy blaming myself for it. At least we got past it and we can move on now.
My day was okay. Burris brought me in his office and talked to me about my haircut being out of regs because it doesn't fade to the front if you were looking at it from the side. I think it's stupid, but whatever I'll grow it out for the next couple of weeks and go get it fixed. Yep, that means I have to go get my hair cut now because I don't know how to do that. He also asked why I looked pissed off. SO......... I told him. Basically what it all boiled down to was me being worried that I was being reprimanded because the Airmen that are in trouble all get thrown on me. I felt like it's BS and that he is gunning for me for whatever reason. He simply said. "I'm not gunning for you. You have been the one person I can count on when I needed someone to count on. Your shit is always straight. You're tough, yet understanding and patient. You are always helping the Airmen out with their problems and their lives (PCSing, family, giving advise)." He said, "what I see is a young staff that has WAY more potential and drive than I did as a young staff. I'm putting you in these tough positions to help you learn more; not to reprimand you are because I'm gunning for you." I WAS FLABBERGASTED!!! He also mentioned that I have a really healthy ability to write EPR's, Decs, and paperwork that most staffs take another couple of years to remotely get the hang of. He was like "if someone were to put a piece of paperwork in front of me that you had wrote, I would have thought a SNCO had written it." By this point you can imagine that I was completely speechless. Then he said, "if you want me to lay off you, let me know. Let me know if it's too much." I didn't know what to say to that! All this time I have thought this guy is an asshole and is trying to find something on me to get me kicked out, and the whole time it's because he admires my abilities? We talked for about five more minutes then I walked out the room. As I was walking out he said "Meneses, I want you to know that I'm proud of what you are doing. You are real asset to the Air Force and I'm damn proud to be your boss." I almost had a heart attack.
At the end of the day, he came up to me and said you ready. I asked, for what? He said, ALL the vehicles that don't have the tire pressure's done on them will be done before days goes home. The bathroom will smell and look like sunshine and rainbows. The storage closet will be straightened up, and YOU will see to it that this stuff gets done or I'm calling you. FUCK!!! So I just got back to my room. Before I let everyone go, I told them that if they wanted to keep staying late, that they could continue the trend they're on. I have no problems staying late because I don't have a wife and kids waiting for me in my room. They're already asleep in Alaska so I really have nothing to go to my room for. Then they started going off about them not being able to get dinner. OH HO HO, I said. I can count on one hand how many of you go to the chow hall and held up three fingers. I said, let's try that one again. Don't fuck with me and do your damn job!
Well, I think I'll stop with that. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU!!!