I wish today was as nice as yesterday. The kids fought and fought. Spencer was in a ghoul mood and trolled and screamed, even in the commissary. It was real embarrassing. I would have just left, but we needed the stuff and nothing will be open tomorrow.
Once we got home he straightened up. I really think he's just tired and emotional. We watched some movies. And baked Santa some cookies.
Then we made Reindeer food and put it out.



This year the kids decided to keep the food in their bowls so it didn't freeze to the ground and the reindeer could eat it! Lucky me!
The we came in and tracked Santa on the Norad sight. They put different videos up this year! Thank goodness. Kayleigh was catching on to the same video each year. They did a really great job this year!

When we got to the video about England Kayleigh got so excited!
Then she started to cry because she missed it there. So sad!
Later we let the kids open one gift. Every year we let them open one gift on Christmas Eve. It's airways pajamas. That way they're in move clem new jammies for pictures the next morning. They loved them, and quickly went to put them on.


While they were up there I quickly set up the last second gifts by the tree.
Then they came back down and we decided that they could open them all! We chose this because it's Christmas in Korea. If we waited until tomorrow Nate would have to stay up until like 4 am to watch then open gifts and watch them play for a but and talk, like we know he would want to. Only to have to try to start getting up early the next day. It would throw off his schedule. So that's not what we totally do, but it worked for this year. They both loved their gifts. And they were both so nice and appreciative of everything.
Spencer got Kayleigh a guitar. She LOVED it! And was so excited!
Kayleigh have Spencer her Leapster Explorer. It was all her idea. I was going to get him a Leap Pad, but then she brought this up and I thought it was a great idea! He loved it. He hugged her immediately!
His favorite gift was Angry Birds game. It's just like the app, but in real life.
Kayleigh loved her purse and wallet that Nate got her. She thought it made her so grown up.
Kayleigh did make this face, when she got a "math" DS game. It kinda made me chuckle. She did use her manners and thank me though.
Nate got Spencer a 1600 set of Legos and a Pirate telescope.
Spencer made me an ornament at preschool. His picture is so stinking cute!
Nate did amazing for me too. Of course there were the boots and the Thrive. Then tonight I opened some night gowns and bras from VS. A Garmin heart rate monitor. I cant wait until the AO opens so I can test it out. Then I got a tripod ( which I've been wishing for ) and and AMAZING new lens. I tested it out and took a couple of amazing pictures (of course I accidently deleted them. I'll do some more tests tomorrow and show you what it can do!) He really outdid himself. I don't know if he'll ever top this year.
After all that was done, Nate had to go. So the kids and I ate. Then we watched the Nutcracker ballet (an explained kids version. It was actually really good) on PBS and the kids danced along to it. Then it was bed time.
I actually feel a lot better now than I did earlier today. I was in a Grinch of a mood. I ignored phone calls because I fight want to talk. Stacey called. I did not want to hear about her great family time in Hawaii. When I checked my messages she wanted me to help Talisa wrap her gift (where the hell is Chris? Why cant he help his kid? That's what I'd like to know!). I'm glad I ignored it. Anyway, now I'm feeling better. Under the circumstances, I'd say this Christa was as good as can be expected. On the bright side 40 something days and Nate will be home. Then he can open his gifts!
Once we got home he straightened up. I really think he's just tired and emotional. We watched some movies. And baked Santa some cookies.
Then we made Reindeer food and put it out.
This year the kids decided to keep the food in their bowls so it didn't freeze to the ground and the reindeer could eat it! Lucky me!
The we came in and tracked Santa on the Norad sight. They put different videos up this year! Thank goodness. Kayleigh was catching on to the same video each year. They did a really great job this year!
| Spencer digging for gold! |
When we got to the video about England Kayleigh got so excited!
Then she started to cry because she missed it there. So sad!
Later we let the kids open one gift. Every year we let them open one gift on Christmas Eve. It's airways pajamas. That way they're in move clem new jammies for pictures the next morning. They loved them, and quickly went to put them on.
While they were up there I quickly set up the last second gifts by the tree.
Then they came back down and we decided that they could open them all! We chose this because it's Christmas in Korea. If we waited until tomorrow Nate would have to stay up until like 4 am to watch then open gifts and watch them play for a but and talk, like we know he would want to. Only to have to try to start getting up early the next day. It would throw off his schedule. So that's not what we totally do, but it worked for this year. They both loved their gifts. And they were both so nice and appreciative of everything.
Spencer got Kayleigh a guitar. She LOVED it! And was so excited!
| He was excited for her to open it! |
| She absolutely loved it! |
| THANK YOU! THANK YOU! |
Kayleigh have Spencer her Leapster Explorer. It was all her idea. I was going to get him a Leap Pad, but then she brought this up and I thought it was a great idea! He loved it. He hugged her immediately!
| THANK YOU SISSY!!! |
His favorite gift was Angry Birds game. It's just like the app, but in real life.
Kayleigh loved her purse and wallet that Nate got her. She thought it made her so grown up.
Kayleigh did make this face, when she got a "math" DS game. It kinda made me chuckle. She did use her manners and thank me though.
Nate got Spencer a 1600 set of Legos and a Pirate telescope.
Spencer made me an ornament at preschool. His picture is so stinking cute!
| He was so excited to give her her gift! |
What a Christmas. This has to be one of the best yet possibly the worst Christmas we have ever had. The best because, well, I outdid myself and I'm pretty sure there is no way I can match it next year. The worst because I couldn't be home where I wanted to be. Also it has made me very depressed. I miss you all so much during this FAMILY time of year and it sucks. I've tried to do everything to brighten my mood. I've started going to the gym for hours at a time. I've kept myself as busy as possible at work. But no matter what I do, all I think about is how much I want to hold you all in my arms. I realize this isn't the best of things to write, but it's the truth. I don't want you worried about me. I just want you to know what is going on with me.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the pictures. The kids look so happy and cute. And that picture of Kayleigh and the face when they are making the reindeer food. What was going on in that picture? Anyways, I don't know what else to say.
I guess that means it's time to let you go. I will talk with you later. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!