It snowed about a foot overnight! So first thing I went and shoveled! It took FOREVER! Good thing I don't mind shoveling. I shoveled. The kids played outside. Then we had lunch and they played out some more. Then I DRUG them in. We got ready to go and return the ice skates and head up to Hillberg to sled. So we sled. It was really pretty out there!
The kids were happy ( and well behaved all day)
It was a lot of work walking up that hill over and over! Between shoveling and sledding I didn't have to go to the gym today. And I didn't feel like I was "working out". But we all got hot and sweaty. We even had to take our jackets off!
The kids were happy ( and well behaved all day)
It was a lot of work walking up that hill over and over! Between shoveling and sledding I didn't have to go to the gym today. And I didn't feel like I was "working out". But we all got hot and sweaty. We even had to take our jackets off!
We worked up such a sweat.
So today as you can imagine was MUCH better. The kids got along and Spencer had minimal meltdowns. I only had to send him to time out once. We watched Search for Santa Paws. It was a cute movie. Kayleigh cried and cried. It tore my heart out. Poor little girl. She is really emotional. Just like her momma.
OK well I have a decision to make. I got an email about the Big Wild Life runs. Early registration is open now. So it got me looking at the other races this summer. And the Mayors Midnight Sun Runs is having early registration until 12/31. I like early regirstration because the fee is cheaper. Anyway, the Midnight Sun runs have a 5 miler, half and full marathon. Big Wild Life runs have a 5k, half and full marathon. So I need to decide if I want to try to do the half in June or wait until August. I'm scared. I'm scared to sign up and not be able to do the one in June. But I'm scared to put it off unti August. I don't know why I'm freaking scared to register for a run. But if makes me nervous. Anyway, all the training plans I've looked at take between 1- and 18 weeks. THIS training schedule looks like the best for me because it still allows me to incorporate my lifting routines. It's 12 weeks. So counting back, If I decide to do the Mayor's run I would have to start training the first week of April. If I decided to do the BWL run I wouldn't have to start training until the first week of June. I have no idea about our summer schedule. I know I'm taking 2 classes and Nates parents are coming out. Mine *might* (probably not, but they're talking about it *eyeroll*). So that's my biggest dilemma right now. I guess if that's all I have to worry about, life is good!
My gosh you three look so damn cute together. I'm so happy the kids acted well for you today. I wish they would do that more often. The pictures of you three are beautiful. They make want to be there really badly. Kind of sad huh?
ReplyDeleteAbout that, it melted my heart today when Kayleigh was talking to me and crying about how much she misses me and how I'm not going to be there for Christmas. I hope she knows I want to be there more than anything in this world. I miss you all so much. I can't keep you three off my mind.
Well, I gave my input for what I think you should do. You want to challenge yourself. It's okay to have butterflies or be nervous when you are challenging yourself. I think it's normal. I also think you should do the half marathon in June. One it will be cooler and two, you have less time to think about it. So go getem babe! The family thing will work itself out. Mostly with you planning everything, but we have time right now to plan.
Well, I told you how the rest of my day was going to play out and I didn't stray from that plan. I will talk with you in the morning. I can't wait to see your beautiful glowing face. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!