Late last night I took this picture of myself, messing around with my phone. So I thought I'd put it up here for Nate so he could take it and put it on his computer. Since I know he'll love it! I actually really like it too. I love the composition. And for it being a self photo, it's pretty damn good!
It snowed all day today. We went to the Arctic Oasis. Before we left I told the kids to go up and get dressed. Spencer did!! Woo hoo! No arguement, no coming downstairs 20 times naked to tell me something. He went up, got dressed and came back down. Kayleigh went up and then came down and said, "I'm so sick of having to wear pants every day. Can I wear a dress?" Of course I let her, and here is her outfit. It cracked me up because she had to wear that necklace and bring her new "Coach" along ;) She looked so stinking pretty we had to do a mini photo shoot. I don't know why my favorite pictures always seem to come out blurry! I guess I'm still learning the settings. UGH. So I am showing you my favorites and it seems one isn't blurry.
She wore he new Christmas bow in her hair.
I love these head shots!!! (yet again, excuse the blurriness, BOO!)
I went to AO and ran. It was a good run. The Garmin said I did 5.15 miles in 45 minutes, but the treadmill said I did 4.6 miles in the same time. I think they're both off and let me tell you why. I checked to see how far the Garmin said I went at around my run time for the 5k in August and I was almost at 3.1, I did 3.1 in 28:50 according to the Garmin. Which is completely reasonable, considering I've been running since then. Also when I was training for the 5k I would run as fast and as hard as I could and I never broke 30 minutes for the 5k, but when I did it outside I did it a whole minute and a half faster. That is A LOT faster! That's 30 seconds faster per mile, which is crazy in one day! Also when I go and run on the treadmills at the real gym I run the same speed as I do at the Arctic Oasis,but it feels slower. I remember my first time at the gym here, Nate was still home on mid tour and was running next to me, I turned to him and said, "These treadmills feel slower." Now, I don't think that I ran as fast as the Garmin said either. So I think I am somewhere in the middle. But no matter what as long as I can continue to average a 10 minute mile, I can do the half marathon in 2:15! My goal is 2:30 simply because I have no idea what will trip me up or whatever. But while training I am going to try to push for an average of a 10 minute mile.
The bouncy castles were up. But the kids were pretty good. Kayleigh spent a lot of our time there sitting behind the treadmill. All the girls her age were playing on the bouncy castles. But she made friends with a two year old little girl. I love watching her with babies. She loves them too. She asks me all the time if I can have another baby, but only if it's a sister. She doesn't want another brother! I of course tell her that mommy and daddy can't, but there are plenty of babies around she can play with.
I made another new recipe tonight, Enchilada Casserole. Now I will preface this with, I HATE enchilada casserole. Growing up my mom made it and it was gross. And she tried to tell me it was enchiladas! Really, it was some tortillas with chili powder sprinkled on it, then some dry hamburger meat with olives mixed in with another layer of chili powder sprinkled tortillas on top and cheese. Believe me it was gross. But I saw this recipe in Cooking Light and decided to try it. I LOVE real enchiladas! And this is close, plus no olives in sight. I like olives, but I think they taste funny cooked. Anyway, it was good. Tasted like real enchiladas. I could totally do this with chicken too! I couldn't find the tortillas I usually use, but I did find some interesting ones. They are corn tortillas (much better than flour for enchiladas anyway), but they are made with half corn meal and half wheat flour. So they're a hybrid. And they were very good! Just perfect for this! Both kids even liked it. Kayleigh loved it and Spencer said it was good. He didn't eat it all, but he ate what I asked him too. Which is a huge departure from normal. I will definitely add these to the menu rotation!
I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF YOU! You look so damn beautiful. You were right when you said I would love it. You know so well and that's not a bad thing either. Of the pictures of Kayleigh, I like the first head shot the most. There is something there that makes her look so pretty and innocent. I love that picture as well.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm glad you had a good day. Sorry the Garmin is a piece of junk. I know it's frustrating and I'm sorry. On the positive side, you did get a good work out in.
Your dinner looked absolutely delicious. It made me think about when you asked me what I wanted for my first meal back. Well, after much consideration, I decided to go with Spicy Sausage Stew. I don't know if I told you that or not, but if I didn't, that is what I would like.
Well, my day was pretty boring. I really did nothing because there was nothing to do. I got more OPing done. I'll be receiving my final out days and appointments sometime next week. I also reserved my room in billeting for 10 nights (that I'm authorized). So now once I get the email from that stupid DPS website, I'm gonna schedule my HHG to be picked up on the 29th. I'll only be keeping one uniform, a set of blues, a set of thermals and the rest will be as much of my clothing as I can possibly fit. I'll be doing a prepack probably this weekend or next to get everything finalized.
Well that is all for me. I'm about to go eat and once everything is settled, do an eval on my fitness standards. Wish me luck. I will talk with you tomorrow. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!