| Here we are while we were still having fun |
Thursday, December 22, 2011
319/365
I finally got motivated today! YAY me! We went to the AO and I ran. And I ran and ran and ran. I did 4.55 miles in 45:05! Not my best time, but considering I couldn't take another step yesterday after .6 miles, I kicked ass! I was going to stop at 4 miles and I started to walk for my cool down (I did walk in my run, I did my usual intervals) , but then my "hafta run" song came on. You know that one song that you HAVE to run to and when you run to it you run fast! So I ran until the end of the song and it felt really good. Once my run was done I immediately remembered why I have started to like to run. That surge of endorphins hit and I couldn't stop smiling. I felt calm. I felt happy. I felt accomplished. My runs have been less than great lately, so a good run felt amazing.
Later today, I tried to take the kiddos ice skating. It was good for about 20 minutes. We went over to Mt Spurr's rink. It had been snowing so the rink was covered in snow. But we decided to try it out. And it was fine! There was a small snow drift in the middle, so we stuck to one half of the rink. Kayleigh got right out there and did GREAT! It was amazing. She only tripped up once and never actually fell. Spencer did well too. The skates they have for little kids to rent at ODR have double blades so he can stand and balance. I expected to be overwhelmed, having to hold Kayleigh up and Spencer and keep my own self up too. But those double bladed skates made it so Spencer could just stand and shuffle his feet. He thought he was making train tracks in the snow. And I actually got to skate a little by myself too!
But then Spencer started to complain. It's too cold. My feet hurt. Really it was 21* and he plays outside with his friends for hours at that temp. I really think he was just bored and doesn't like ice skating. Next time (if there is one) I will remember to bring snow pants and a sled so he can sled on the sledding hill that's right outside the rink. So I had to tell Kayleigh it was time leave. And she got upset. Which I do understand, she was having fun. But no matter what I do, someone is complaining. So I get us all back to the car and start getting his skates off (my hands are FROZEN and barely working from having no gloves on earlier while putting everyone's skates on, they didn't have much of a chance to warm up while we were skating) and Kayleigh starts crying and screaming that her hands are frozen. Well she wore thin knit gloves! I told her to wear her waterproof mittens, but she said she'd be fine and didn't want them. I guess that will teach her to listen and maybe, just maybe, I know what I'm talking about! She was impossible. I told her to sit, she stood. I told her to pull her foot out and she pushed. Really I don't know why they can't just listen. Spencer never listens to me anymore. I ask (or tell) him to do something, he does it, but it takes an hour. He can't listen and he just does what he wants until I SCREAM at him to do it. Then he cries. I've been trying to be more patient. I realize that we are all under stress. We're all sad that Nate's not here. We all may have SAD (I am really starting to worry about Spencer). I get it and I try to be patient. But my patience tank is running on E. Anyway, I feel like no matter what I do I can't make them happy. I can make one happy, but the other is mad or sad. I can't do anything right. They both hate me. They both think I'm horrible. And any time I try to do fun stuff I end up getting frustrated and angry with them. I found myself today thinking that maybe it would have been better if I'd have left this world after Kendra died, like I had thought about so much then. I felt like a horrible mom then and I feel like one now. Nothing I do is good enough. There is always complaints. Dinners suck. I didn't give Kayleigh a sister (I killed her) and she hates having a brother. I am the worst mommy and stupid and mean. Why do I even try. Because I care. I care what they think and I want them to look back on their childhood and see parents that did things with them and for them. That had fun with them. And who cared about them. But as of right now all they're going to look back and see is a mom who can't keep her shit together, who constantly yells, then cries about it. And a dad who isn't there. So much for that great runner's high I had today.
Labels:
365 day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know last night you told me not to think anything bad about your blog, but after reading it, how can I not think anything bad. Let's just cut the crap and get down to it. Are you thinking about hurting yourself? I realize it is very military of me, but the question still stands. I'm truly concerned here. I can tell you why you didn't take your life after Kendra died. Because you had a beautiful daughter that need her Mommy around. As hard as it is to admit, you didn't really need me, and I really didn't need you. But Kayleigh, she has always needed the both of us. She loves you. Just as I love you, and Spencer loves you. Yes they are pushing their limits. Well, maybe it's time to push back. Don't let them have any fun. Keep them in their rooms and only let them out when it's time to eat. If they can't behave or be nice or listen. They can stay in there rooms. Deny them everything they ask for except using the restroom and food. They can't have fun if they can't be nice and listen. Seriously, put them in their rooms and leave them there. Make them stay in there rooms for a couple of days. Maybe that will change there attitudes. No listening or being nice; no sleepovers, no toys, no fun, no anything. If they apologize, good, no get back to your room. If that doesn't get through to them, I don't know what will. All I know is that I'm tired of hearing how horrible they are to you. I realize I'm not there to deal with the shit, but all I can do is come up with different ways of disciplining them. I'm tire of them being mean to you. I'm tired of them talking back to you. I'm tired of the hitting and kicking. I'm tired of them yelling at you. I"m tired of the attitudes they give you. I'm sorry this comment is like this.
ReplyDeleteWell, you three looked absolutely beautiful in the picture. Especially you babe. Of course you always look beautiful. I wouldn't expect anything less. I hope you all had fun at Hillburge. I'll talk with you in a little bit. I LOVE YOU!!