Today we went to the DMV and got the car registered and my drivers license taken care of. Of course it took 2 hours! A few monumental things happened while I was there. The big one for me was being able to put 141 as my weight on my license! I was almost giddy when I wrote it down. The only other time I put anything below 150 on my license was my first one when I was 17! And I have had 3 other licenses, not counting todays. The other thing that happened was I basically failed the vision test. I could not read the left side of the stupid line to save my life! She let me slide, but told me to go see the eye doctor soon. I think she felt bad for me dragging both kids with me and my husband being gone. So now I adn going to have to get glasses and I look dumb in glasses. And now Nate will have one more thing to make fun of me for.
But the kids were fantastic while we were there. So I decided to take them out to lunch. We went to the Middle Way Cafe, again. That place is so delicious! And we shared a carrot cake afterward! YUMMY!
After that we went to REI to see if they had any rain gear for Kayleigh for camp. They had some. But there is no way in hell I am paying $55 for a little girls rain coat. They did have rain pants for $20 though. That is a little more reasonable. Thank goodness I still have a while before camp! While we were there we picked up a couple of books. 50 hikes in the Chugach State Park and Bear Aware. The first book was for me. I am going to go through it tonight and pick out some hikes for this summer. And the second one was for Kayleigh. She is obsessed about being prepared for a bear. And really it's not a bad idea for me to be prepared either.
When we got home I did a little bit of work in Spencer's room and hung up his new posters. I love how they look. There are a few other things I want to do (like get him a big boy bed) and then his room will be done! I am super excited!
| My car with it's new plates! |
But the kids were fantastic while we were there. So I decided to take them out to lunch. We went to the Middle Way Cafe, again. That place is so delicious! And we shared a carrot cake afterward! YUMMY!
| delicious carrot cake! |
After that we went to REI to see if they had any rain gear for Kayleigh for camp. They had some. But there is no way in hell I am paying $55 for a little girls rain coat. They did have rain pants for $20 though. That is a little more reasonable. Thank goodness I still have a while before camp! While we were there we picked up a couple of books. 50 hikes in the Chugach State Park and Bear Aware. The first book was for me. I am going to go through it tonight and pick out some hikes for this summer. And the second one was for Kayleigh. She is obsessed about being prepared for a bear. And really it's not a bad idea for me to be prepared either.
When we got home I did a little bit of work in Spencer's room and hung up his new posters. I love how they look. There are a few other things I want to do (like get him a big boy bed) and then his room will be done! I am super excited!
Well, it sounds like you had a pretty good day. The car looks nice with the Alaska tag on it. I'm so jealous of you eating at the Middle Way Cafe. I wish I could have some of that delicous food as well. Also I think buying the Bear Aware book is a good idea since we plan on doing some camping. I also like the idea of buying a pop-up trailer. Safety goes a long way... so I hear anyways. So, Spencer's room looks really cool! I totally think it's looking more like a little boys room. How much does he play in it? If it were my room, I probably wouldn't come out of it. And I was meaning me as a grown up! ;) Anyways, my day was pretty boring. I got my tooth cleaned and went to work. We were in lightning hold till 1030 then we went to lunch. After lunch, we finally headed out to Alpha site and tried to load ISO's with the 65's. Of course, the blocking and bracing was cut wrong because once again we let a contractor do the job instead of AF people who know how to interpret the reg. While the other crew was figuring that out, I was pulling 65's out of one of the structures. We get them all out and a 40 footer loaded when they call and tell us they couldn't support anymore 65's on the ISO pad and what the problem was. So now there is a building with 65's sitting on its front pad that is not sited. MAJOR QA failure if it is caught. So I have my fingers crossed. So we have to help the ISO crew with the wood problem tomorrow before we do anything else. So that was my day in a nut shell. I hope to talk with you in the morning. I Love You!
ReplyDelete