Friday, May 13, 2011

96/365

The warmest we've seen it so far!
Today was a beautiful day.  It was clear and the sun was shining.  So instead of going to the Oasis, I ran/walked outside.  We took the trail that leads along the main road, over the wood bridge and up toward the Oasis.  I got all the way to the stop light to turn to the Oasis in 20 minutes (1.87 miles).  I was quite pleased with myself.  We walked the whole way back so Spencer could get out and run a little.  He insisted on bringing Lola’s toy with him.  He thinks it’s a frying pan and hits himself in the head with it and falls down.  Thank you Tangled.  I snapped these pictures of him running.  I thought he looked so natural, kind of like a relay racer.  Who knows maybe we have a track star on our hands instead of the football player Nate so desperately wants.

 
















Today was also Orion’s 1st grade musical, One Big Happy Family.  It was very cute.  Kayleigh had a speaking part and did very well!  I took video of it, but I think the file is too big to post here (almost 1 GB).  But Nate, you will be getting a DVD with it on there and maybe a few more things.

Cookies!
Mmmmm...
Each family was asked to bring a dozen cookies for refreshment after the show.  So I made cookies.  And I stared at cookies.  And Stacey tempted me with cookies in my face, but I DID NOT PARTAKE!  It was the first time I EVER have had any willpower toward food.  I love cookies and it was not fair.  I had already eaten as much as I was supposed to for the day.  Who am I kidding; one day’s worth of calories is not enough to even cover what I would like to eat in cookies anyway.    But all in all I am proud of myself.

When we got home the kids wanted to play outside.  So inspired by Jeremiah’s bike riding yesterday, I caved and gave Spencer the bike that Amber gave us.  I want to get the pedals off so he can use it as a balance bike, but I can only get one off.  Stacey’s husband even tried to get it off and he couldn’t.  I am going to have to figure something out because I HATE training wheels.  The whole idea of them bothers me.  When they are on the bike the way the child rides defies the laws of gravity.  In no way does it teach them the most important part of bike riding, balance.  So I am going to get that other pedal off.  Even if it means finding someone with a blowtorch to cut it off for me!

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's about time your blog finally started working. I have felt out of place not being able to post comments to it. It is part of my routine now. It usually is the last thing I do before bed. Anyways, so you think the boy is a track star? WRONG! He is a football player. Just look at how much he loves to play or pretend to play football. He is a football junkie. Well, I can't wait to see Kayleigh's speaking part in there musical. I'm sure she did great cause she always does. She is just as amazing as her Mommy! Oh, one question about Spencer's bike... are you turning the correct direction? You know righty-tighty, lefty-losey? So, how is the working out going? Obviously, my running to and from work got kicked in the dick yesterday. I was pretty irritated about the GPS getting us lost yesterday. It was funny after the big scare of getting a 10 ton and 25 foot trailer stuck on a 45 degree hill. It was funny once we got back and got to tell all the swing shifters what happened. The irritating part of it was that we were supposed to be back a around 1800. But stupid GPS made sure it was 2030 before we got back. Anyways, I went way off topic with that one. Keep working out. You look really great. I can't wait to get my hands on you... oh wait, we have a bet don't we? I can't wait to keep my hands off you! But you do look very CRAZY, SEXY, COOL! I have no idea where I came up with that either. But it's the truth. Well, I sent the jersey's off. They will be there in 10-14 days. Okay, that is all from my end. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH HOT MOMMA!

    ReplyDelete