Monday, May 23, 2011

107/365

Lil' man ate lunch outside, it was a beautiful day!
The first day of summer vacation.  It should be a great day.  And it started out that way.  Kayleigh spent the night at Talisa's house.  She didn't come home until almost 1!  Spencer missed her, but he played.  We ate lunch outside.  It was fun.  She came home and I let the kids play outside for a couple of hours.  I took my chair over to the park and let them play.

Then I came inside and got Lola ready.  It was time for her walk.  As usual I let the kids ride their bikes while I walked her.  We didn't even get half way around our loop and the kids were fighting.  They were fighting over who would be in front and practically knocking each other over.  I looked up once and they were riding side by side pushing each other.  That was enough for me.

I told them to turn around we were going home.  They were going straight to their rooms.  So in we went and up to their rooms they went.  By the time I cooled down, I went up there and both of them were sleeping.  It made me so mad.  I got them up and we went to the commissary.  I was so mad I really didn't want to hold their hands in the parking lot.  So I told them to hold hands.  Since they can't get along, they needed to spend some quality time together.

So they held hands in the parking lot, in the commissary and in the car on the way home.  I decided that they were going to hold hands for the rest of the night.  They had to figure out how to get their shoes off holding hands.  They both needed to clean their rooms, holding hands.  They wanted to go out and play.  Fine, as long as they held hands, I didn't care what they did. At first Kayleigh just wanted to sit in the chair.  Eventually Spencer talked her into going to play.  Once they were playing, they seemed to be getting along.  After about 30 minutes of nice play, hand in hand, I talked to them and let them be separate again.  I hope this helped them learn to work together and compromise.  I guess we will see soon enough.  As tomorrow starts anew!

1 comment:

  1. Sucky days! I'm sorry you had such a bad day babe. I'm sorry the kids can't act well for you. I can't imagine how stressful that must be for you. I know all you want is for them to get along and want to get out and do something fun. I know that if you force them to do something you want to do it will turn into one of them complaining the whole time or fighting. Seems like you have the shitty part of the deal. I hope that the little time I am there for mid-tour is enough to get you by for the next few months. I Love You! I hope your days get better. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete