This morning we took Lola for a walk. It was short, but at least it was something. Maybe today will be 1 of the 30 days of walking her I have on my list to do. Maybe if I walk her, more she'll act a little better. Maybe if I walk her, I'll grow to like her more. Still doesn't do good walking while the kids are in front. Hopefully that will change, if I walk her more. So I will count today as day 1/30 for walking Lola, let's hope I can get this goal accomplished.
Before we could get out for our walk, I had to get the kids motivated and ready. Getting them going anywhere takes FOREVER! I yell and scream. That's the only way they will actually move. Spencer is the worst. It's like everything runs on Spencer time. After I told them to get upstairs and get dressed I went up there three times and each time he was doing something different. Once he was reading a book. The next time he was naked, but he was standing in the middle of his room playing with his nipples! And the last time he was looking at the stickers on his bed. After that I yelled and screamed again and he seemed to get a little motivated and put socks on. So I thought he was well on his way to getting dressed. So I came downstairs to get some stuff together for our hike later today. Five minutes later Kayleigh comes down screaming and crying. He wanted to talk to Kayleigh instead of getting dressed. She shut the door on him. He opened it and hit and kicked her. And when I called him down to talk with him, he had on socks and underwear. Exactly what I left him in five minutes before. He does anything he possibly can to avoid doing what I tell him.
 |
| you can see how much greener things have gotten |
We went on a hike with Kayleigh's new Girl Scouts troop. It was Thunderbird Falls again. Hoped to not go until Nate was with us. But I figured it would be a good chance for her and I to both meet and get to know the girls in her troop. It was fun. Kayleigh and Lexi were virtually inseparable. They had to pick partners to do a scavenger hunt with and of course they jumped into each others arms, screaming "WE'RE PARTNERS! WE'RE PARTNERS!" It was too funny! They are so much alike, it kind of scares me a little.
 |
| WE'RE PARTNERS! |
 |
| Getting instructions |
 |
| The boys explored while the girls were getting instructions |
 |
| Kayleigh even consoled Lexi when she was sad. She can be so sweet. |
 |
| Justin was very nice and played surrogate dad to Spencer |
We started the hike and Spencer started whining because Kayleigh was ignoring him and talking with her new GS friends. And all I could think was, "Great. This is going to be one of those walks." So I picked him up, thinking he was still tired (he fell asleep on the drive up there) and carried him for a few. Then when he had consoled himself enough on my shoulder he wanted down. All was well from there. We got to the lookout platform and Spencer had to pee. Of course, right? So I took him all the way back to the end of the platform. I did not let him pee off the boardwalk because I was afraid he would rub his boy parts on the wood and get a splinter. That would be my luck!
After we were done looking from the overview, we went down to the bottom and got to check it out from the bottom. There were all sorts of cool things. Like this hollow tree.
 |
| The lower falls |
 |
| Amber took a picture of us! |
|
After our hike, we went to Target. The kids fought with each other the entire time! We came home ate dinner and then I got their butts in bed. This is our last Sunday of before school for 3 whole months! I can't wait to be out of school. Hopefully the kids don't fight the entire summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment