Tuesday, May 10, 2011

94/365

This morning, I was watering my plants and I noticed something...

Yep, that is a teeny-tiny green bean!  Woo hoo!  Once I noticed my little friend, I decided that I need to start hardening off my plants.  So I stuck one tray of them outside and will do so everyday for the next week or so. Then I will try putting them in the ground.  The reason I am only going to do less than half is because I don't know if I should put them in the ground yet.  But they are starting to outgrow their little starter pots.  So this is an experiment.  A few weeks from now I will harden off another set.  And plant those and then a few weeks from then, I will do the last set.  Hopefully SOME make it.  I am not expecting huge returns this year.  But I am hoping for something.  I think I will also buy a few already started tomato plants at Lowe's again in hopes to supplement my tomatoes.  Especially since I did so well with them last year.

This afternoon I got Kayleigh's Girl Scout camp brochure in the mail!  I am so excited for her!  Nate and I decided that this was going to be her "big" birthday gift for this year.  I can not wait for her to go.  Not only for myself, but for her too.  It will be a great way to break up the summer a little bit and get her away from being so excited for her dad to come visit.  It will also be good for her to be away from me.  I am a little nervous that she will get all homesick and dramatic.  However, I am sure they have dealt with it all before, it's not their first year doing summer camps.  It really will be great for her.  I was looking at the list of things we need to bring and I need to call them and clarify some things.  They want them to bring 4 or 5 pairs of shoes!  For THREE days!! I understand they will be doing a variety of things, but I can't imagine using that many pairs of shoes.  And then there are a few things I need to get her, bug spray, boots, water shoes (see the shoe theme here?). I also need to remember to ask Nate to write her a few letters for while she is at camp and send them to me so she can have a couple of letters come from her daddy while she is there.  It will make her so happy.  I also need to sit down and write a few and have Spencer draw her a couple of pictures.  All for three days of camp.  I really hope she has a good time.

1 comment:

  1. COOOL! You got yourself some green beans growing there. I'm sure you were excited. It looks like you are gonna have a better output this year. Heck I'm excited for you! So you want me to write some letters for Kayleigh when she goes to Girl Scout camp. No problem there. I bought some stamps this past weekend so I could start writing her some letters. I thought she would like that since she has been writing me letters. Well, for me, today was okay. Nothing to crazy to report. Just doing my job so I can see you and the kiddos. Okay, I'm off to bed. I Love You Very Much!

    ReplyDelete