Saturday, May 14, 2011

95/365

Went to the Oasis for a work out today.  I did day two of the C25k.  I really didn't want to.  But my legs are still killing me from Monday when Amber made asked me nicely to do lunges with her ALL AROUND THE OASIS!  So I figured that the run would help work some of the soreness out.  WRONG! My legs are twice as stiff.

Then later today I decided to go to Kohl's and see if they had any running shoes on sale.  I needed new shoes.  It was my lucky day.  They had the shoes I like and I on sale I had a extra 30% coupon.  So I got new running shoes!  YAY.

However, my luck ended there.  I checked my wallet and my damn ID was gone!  I left it at home!  So I called Stacey to come and sponsor me on.  But apparently you can self sponsor here.  Awesome.  I will say living on base gives me ZERO sense of security.  We are in frigging Bravo and the guy at the visitor center did not check any form of my ID.  He just asked me my social, address and phone number. And no he did not look me up in DEERS, he only typed my social once.  And he misspelled my first and last name.  No way that would have happened if he looked me up anywhere.  He didn't look at my car registration and the proof of insurance I had in the car expired last September.  So basically as a warning if you live on base and feel secure, you're not.  Anyone with some confidence that they know what they are doing a social and a address can get on base with no questions asked.  Ridiculous.

This afternoon, like every afternoon, the kids played outside.  Stacey and I taught Jeremiah how to ride his bike without training wheels. I took this picture for her, since my phone's camera is much better than hers. It only took about 10 minutes of actively trying to teach him and he had it.  He was off riding all around the cul de sac for the rest of the afternoon.  WAY TO GO JEREMIAH!

1 comment:

  1. My legs are finally starting to feel better, must be time for another lap around the oasis!!! lol BUT.... becky just called and needs me to bring her to the honda dealership in the AM to get her van back so I wont be there again in the morning.... Im sorry and I suck !!! Im so proud of you for running I know you dont like it, and yeah for running shoes, I'm thinking its time for some nice asics! Anywho I WILL be at the oasis on Friday morning, I feel out of the loop with your life!

    ReplyDelete