I really wanted to go and work out this morning. But the kids took so long to eat. After me begging them to hurry up so we could go, they still took their time. I don't know what could take them so long to eat. It took Kayleigh an hour and Spencer and hour and 45 minutes. After an hour I went back up to my room and layed in bed. I was so mad. Spencer came upstairs with the laundry basket that had all of the clothes that I spent the past hour folding. Where were the clothes that were in the basket, on the dog hairy floor in the living room! I was SO done. It feels like everything I do is undone minutes later. I clean. They dirty. I vacuum. They come in with muddy shoes or Lola digs a hole in the back yard.
Anyway, later in the afternoon (around 4) things seemed to get a little better. All the neighborhood kids wanted to play in the sprinklers. It was 66*. I said, why the hell not? I really didn't care what they did. So we went out and I sat in the sun in my chair and they ran through the sprinklers. Kayleigh got soaked. Spencer ran around the sprinklers. But they both had fun. And getting outside did me some good too.
| Kayleigh got right in! |
| Spencer barely got wet, but he had so much fun! |
| All the kids ran through together |
| Then they all soaked up some sun! |
After we were done with that we ate dinner out on the front lawn. And then I washed the car. Stacey took the kids to the park and I practically detailed the car. I love my car. I love it even more when it's clean. It was nice to not have to worry about the kids for a while and clean the car. I had the radio on and just cleaned. It's funny, but it sort of soothed me. And it was productive. A win-win.
I guess that brings us to now. It's 2330, still light out and I have muffins in the oven. Soon I'll head to bed and wake up and do it all over. Let's just hope that tomorrow turns out better. For everyone!
Well Babe, I'm glad to hear your day turned around somewhat in the end. I wish there was something I could have said this morning to make you feel better. I felt horrible for having to let you go and not saying anything to help your mood. I just love you and don't want you to be mad or upset or anything besides happy. I know it's a long shot in the dark, but wishful thinking is better than not thinking at all. I thought of you all day today. Not much different from any other day. On my side of the world however... I nearly lost my life. I had just left base and was going to Alpha site on the Alt Route. There is a little construction zone about a half mile into the route off base. One of the traffic directors was telling me to go so I proceeded on. Right about the time I get to the backhoe that was operating there the guy swings the thing around. If I had been checking my mirrors, you would have been getting $400K+ and a letter soon. I slammed on the breaks of my 10 ton so hard the gas cap popped off. The scoop of the backhoe missed the cab of the truck by six inches. No kidding six inches. I even got out and checked to see if he had hit something then I put the gas cap back on. That was my near death experience. Also today, I nearly ran over a guy on a bicycle going back to base on the Prim Route. I was coming down hill and around a blind corner going about 20mph. The was a truck coming from the other direction and the guy stops his bicycle in the middle of the road. I hit my breaks and locked up the wheels on the 10 ton and slid to about a foot away from the guy who was paralyzed with shock. Luckily, I did not have a trailer attached to my ass when this happened or I would have it him. Driving the 10 tons off base has been declared the number ONE most dangerous job in the WING! That came up from number two in the group. Oh, and guess what else. I can't stop driving off base because now I'm one of two people on day shift who still have a license that can drive the big rigs. Just pray that I don't kill somebody or somebody doesn't kill me. Well Love, I hope your day goes better for you. I send you ALL the love I have to offer. Know that I am always thinking of you and I can't wait to hold you in my arms again. I Love You With Every Ounce of My Being!
ReplyDelete