Monday, May 30, 2011

114/365

Today, was much like yesterday and the day before.  Very low key.  We hung out around here.  Went outside to play.  Then later in the afternoon, I needed to run some errands.  We went to JoAnn's.  I was mainly looking for some poster frames.  I didn't find any, but found a couple of other things that I needed for a few projects around the house.

In the parking lot at JoAnn's they were having a Memorial Day car show.  There were a bunch of old cars there.  It was pretty cool.  You know Spencer, he BEGGED me to go so he could look at the cars.  They were also there to raise money for the Armed Services YMCA, who have a lot of programs here on base.  So I thought that was cool.  I showed the kids one of my two dream cars.  It was a '67 Camaro.  It was beautiful!  I stood there and drooled, until Spencer saw a car he LOVED!  It was a car that looked exactly like "The King" from Cars.  Huge tail fin and all.  The only difference was that the car we saw was green.  As soon as he saw it he says, "The King.  Look mom it's the King."  Funny thing about it was that the lady who owned it knew exactly what he was talking about and said that she loves that movie and she even has eyes that go on the windshield.  He was in heaven!

Once they announced over the loud speakers that they were doing a moment of silence and playing Taps at three o'clock, we high tailed it out of there.  Maybe I'm a bad person, but I really didn't feel like crying today, especially not in public.  I cry enough as it is.  That kind of stuff always makes me cry.  Hell, I still get choked up when I hear the Star Spangled Banner some days.  Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for our service members and feel a deep sense of gratitude for those who have paid the ultimate price.  I even talked to the kids about what today means.  I just could not sit through Taps.

Spencer LOVES his new flip flops!
So I got the kids loaded up to go to Wal*Mart and what do you know?  I friggin started crying about leaving and not wanting to cry during Taps!  How ridiculous am I?  My tears subsided by the time we got to Wal*Mart.   Spencer returned his flip flop he got for his birthday and he picked up another pair in the right size.  I got Kayleigh $7 water shoes for girl scout camp!  WOOHOO!  And two poster frames for Spencer's new posters.

Then we came home.  The kids went out and played and I Skyped with my hubby.  :)  He looks like he is feeling much better today! :) :)  I actually got a full conversation out of him today!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like low key days might be a good thing for you guys. Well, that is until bedtime when they both are being ASSES about going to bed. Anyways, it was nice talking with you today. I apologize about being sick yesterday and not getting to talk with you pretty much at all. It was cool how Spencer saw the car and immediately his mind went to The King. It's funny. Oh, and let's not forget about your dream car! You know I would get one for you if you really wanted one. I'm not saying you'll be able to drive it, but at least you have one. No just messin. I would have someone fix it up for you so you could drive it. Anyways, before I let you go I want to say I'm sorry I got upset before letting you go. It was something silly to be upset about. So again, I'm sorry. I hope you have a great day tomorrow. I Love You Very Much No Matter What!!!

    ReplyDelete