Monday, May 9, 2011

93/365

Since we PCS'd Spencer has not taken naps.  He just wont sleep during the day.  It really threw me off.  Mostly because Kayleigh took naps until this past summer.  But I just went with it and let him stay up all day.  I have noticed that he is is worst in the afternoons.  So I have decided to officially re-instate "rest time".  And it has been great.  I actually did it a few days last week (after my HORRIBLE day) and he did it again today.  I know that he doesn't always have to nap, but I am making it my mission to have him lay down for at least an hour.  If he starts playing instead, he gets a car taken away.  So I am hoping this will give me a little break throughout the day and Spencer a time to be quiet and rest.  It seems to be working.  He was pretty good this afternoon.  He only had one outburst.  Which is good, considering I usually spend most the day screaming at him and him at me.  We are both more calm.  I hope this will bring my sweet little boy back to me.


This morning I also decided that I need to start food tracking again.  Measuring and tracking food sucks!  It is time consuming and annoying.  However, I NEED to lose 5 pounds by the time Nate gets home for mid-tour.  And just working out and eating whatever I want has not done that.  However, I have been maintaining my weight, which I am super grateful for.  So hopefully I will be 140 pounds by the end of July.  BTW, I'm FRIGGIN HUNGRY!

And to go with that whole mid-tour thing, Nate told me today that the dates of his TDY are not what we had expected.  They are now sometime eariler in the summer to sometime later in the summer.  SHIT!  That means mid-tour is pushed back a couple of weeks.  I can deal with that, but it just really sucks for Kayleigh.  She is going to be in school the majority of the time he is here.  We won't be able to come and go as we please.  And she will miss a lot of precious time with her daddy.  It was all planned perfect before, but now it's all messed up.  But as with anything in our life, we will deal with it and roll with the punches and figure it out as we go along.

3 comments:

  1. Im hungry as well.... sorry about the mid tour dates that sucks.... I hate tracking food... but it works. I'll see you at the gym in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, you know you don't need to be leaking those dates out. I know that the people reading this blog aren't going to go tell any terrists or anything, but as of right now, no one is supposed to know that info. If anyone knew anybody over here I could get into some serious trouble for this. That's enough of my ranting. I'm glad to here your day was good. Hopefully reinstating naps will be a good thing and like you said, "it will bring our sweet little boy back to you." So you want to drop 5 more pounds before I get there. That's cool, I hope you can reach you goal. You have all my support... well, as much as I can give you from here. So... a smile and a keep up the good work. By the way, I'm not just saying you look hot for any old reason. I think you really are hot. All the working out you have been doing is showing already. So go getem' tiger. Anyways, I spent most of my day in the rain without my rain gear. So my uniform is drip drying right now. I was going to put it in a dryer and dry it that way, but they are all being used or are broken. Literally, 6 out of the 10 dryers in this dorm are broken. Anyways, don't take what I said earlier in a bad way. I just don't need any trouble while I'm here. The last thing we both want is for me to come home later than we would both like. Okay, I'm about ready for bed. I Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, first of. Since when did training TDY's become classified information? Seriously. Yes, I know deployments are and for good reason. But those dates are all over Eielson's public website. They even publish the dates in the BASE NEWSPAPER for the ones here.

    Secondly, my blog is not searchable and on the highest privacy setting possible. IE, you have to have the direct link to view. I can make it so that you have to have a blogger account to view it, but then YOU wouldn't be able to see it. So, yes a terrorist can hack in and see it if they really want to. But why do that when they could just hack into your work email and view so much more information? Because you know they email you lists of personnel and equipment going. So don't give me any of that OPSEC bullshit.

    Lastly, I fixed it so now it is no longer there. If any terrorists got those dates from me, in the past six hours the blog has been posted, and blow you guys up, I'm sorry.

    Now that my rant is over, we can return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

    ReplyDelete