Saturday, May 21, 2011

105/365

This morning Kayleigh had a gymnastic "meet".  Basically all the girls from Kayleigh's class did a floor routine and a vault and were scored.  Then at the end, Coach Jill gave out medals.  We were late, of course.  Spencer slept until 9:30.  The meet started at 10.  I was running around like a crazy woman trying to get everyone ready.  Really, it was a pretty typical day :)
Look at the concentration on her face

She was acting kind of weird this morning.  I think she may have been cold.  And maybe a little uncomfortable in her new leotard.  She isn't used to showing that much skin and she kept getting wedgies.  But she did FANTASTIC!  I am so proud of her!  She got 1st place!  Here she is with her medal!

She is so proud of herself!
 
As for the rest of our day.  I wanted to do a lot of stuff.  I was determined to keep Lola our of her kennel for the rest of the day.  I still feel bad for her being locked up yesterday.  It was clear down south and we had a good view of the Kenai Mountains driving to gymnastics, so I really wanted to go for a drive.  I wanted to head down to Beluga Point and check it out and take Lola.    But Kayleigh wanted to stay in and have a lazy/pajama day.

To tell the truth, I am a little bit down today.  Nothing to be concerned about.  Just a little lonely.  I mean, every day can't be the best day ever.  Especially when your best friend is so far away.  Anyway, to get myself out of my little lull, I decided to go out and mow the backyard.  Taco Spanish Rice was for dinner, so I could put the rice on to boil while I was back there mowing.  What do you know.  I burnt the rice.  It was not saveable AT ALL.  So I ruined dinner.  Do you think that put me in a better mood.  Hell no!  I just wish Nate was here so much right now.  I know we are at least getting close to mid tour, but I could really use him right now.  I think what makes it so much worse it that I didn't get to talk to him yesterday because I was out.  And he went golfing this morning (his time, afternoon our time) so I don't know if or when we'll talk today.  It just sucks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment