Monday, May 16, 2011

100/365

TODAY IS DAY 100!

We are officially in the triple digits!  Woo hoo!  A few days ago Amber was giving me the timeline of how her typical deployment's go, in terms of things being crazy and emotional and hitting your stride, etc.   She said that usually around 3 months is when things start to seem normal and you get your routine figured out.  And I will say I agree with her.  Things seem to have settled down.  I fell like I have a good routine.  Especially since I have reinstated rest time (Spencer's behaviour has improved 10 fold).  After our first few weeks here, settling in and moving things really went down the pooper. Most day's I felt like I could not get through and I had no idea how I was going to do 10 or 11 more months of that.  But now I feel like I have a handle on things.  Ask me again in two weeks how I feel and I am sure it will be different.  Especially since Kayleigh's last day of school is Thursday.  I am going to have to start over with a whole new routine.  
 
I don't feel like I have anything prepared for her to be out of school.  They are going to fight like crazy.  I don't have any workbooks for her to do.  The only two things I have planned is gymnastics and Girl Scouts.  Oh, and going to the gym  most days.  Other than that I'm winging it.  Who am I kidding?  I won't wing it.  I will probably get a plan together soon.  But summer has snuck up on me.  I've been too busy sitting outside every afternoon, enjoying the weather to plan any summer activities.  Heck I barely clean the house.  It is just too nice out to be stuck inside!  Maybe I will plan next summer in the winter when it's too nasty to go outside.
 
Other than being day 100, today was a regular boring day.  We ate, went to the Oasis.  I did walk Lola again.  So now I am at 2/30 for walks.  When we ate breakfast this morning Kayleigh noticed this...
That is a zuchini flower.  Which means here in a few days I will have a little zuchhini growing.  I am so scared to harden off my vegis and get them planted.  Mostly because the small group of plants I chose to harden off in the first place aren't doing too well.  My Spinach seems to be thriving, but other than that, things don't seem to be doing too well.  I don't want to lose all the plants that are doing so well in my window sill.  But they are going to get too big for their containers soon and I will have to put them in the ground.  I will call this year a gardening success if I get one plant that produces.  That's all I am asking for.  So I guess we will see.

1 comment:

  1. You know what... I have to agree with Amber as well. It does seem like I have hit a good routine. I run to the chow hall in the morning which is about a mile. I can now run it with a heavy pack on my back in about six minutes. You know me; I used to barely run a mile in eight minutes. So two minutes faster with weight on my back is a huge jump. I keep up this pace and I'll be running my 1.5 mile run in nine-something. Anyways, sorry to make that about me, but I had to do a little bragging myself. I'm glad to hear the plants (inside) are doing so well. I'm excited for you! I can't wait to see how well they do and I know you will keep me posted. I just hope that this whole routine doesn't go down the shiter after mid-tour. Well, on to the next post. I Love You!

    ReplyDelete