It rained most of the day today. So we went to the Oasis and I worked out. The kids got to play. And then we piddled around the house for the rest of the afternoon.
Early this evening I went and picked up Rebecka's parents from the airport. And of course I got lost. I know my way to the airport. But the last time I went was when we were dropping Nate off and I know I was not in my right mind. So I decided to use my GPS so I wouldn't get lost. And what do you know? The GPS got me lost! It had me go out past Earthquake Park and around the back side of the airport. Well when you get a little way past Earthquake Park, the road turns into a restricted access road. So I had to turn around and go back the way I came. When that happened I said the hell with it and turned the damn thing off. My instincts and fuzzy, tear ridden memory are way better than that crappy thing!
So I got to the airport just in time to get her parents. I took them on base to the AMC terminal so they could sign up for Space A on the way back. Then I took them to their hotel. It's funny, but it was nice having a mom around. I know she isn't my mom, but there is something comforting about a mom being with you. It may be because I am not around women my mother's age very often but it was really nice chatting with her.
This is what I am going to be doing for the rest of the night.---->
I may watch a little TV and fold clothes. After all that is folded I still have 4 or 5 more loads to do. What can I say, I sort of let laundry get away from me. So hopefully tomorrow I will get caught up and all will be well.
I guess rainy days aren't good for you. I love them... especially when I wake up in the middle of the night to a storm. There is something really soothing about it. I might be crazy though. So did you get a good work out in? You mentioned you worked out, but I'm curious as to how well that worked. Did the kids behave while you all were there? So, you like having an older woman around? It's kind of funny, but I can see why you would like that. And how funny. The GPS got you lost. I think it's funny because the GPS from control got me lost here. I know you were probably pissed like I was when it got me lost. But looking back, it was totally funny. Well My Love, I'm headed to bed to dream of you. I Love You and I will talk with you in the morning. See you in my dreams!
ReplyDelete