Tuesday, June 21, 2011

136/365

Today we went to the Arctic Oasis and I got a work out in.  It was a good workout.  I did 30 minutes on the treadmill (intervals, I think I'm going to repeat week 3 of c25k) and then I did 30 minutes on the elliptical.  I would never have done the extra 30 on the elliptical, but Amber was there doing it, so I figured I'd do it too! And I lifted weights after the kids went to bed. I was 139 when I weighed myself this morning, so I would like to get to 135 by the end of next week. So for now I'm back on the wagon, again. After my workout Kayleigh wanted to climb the rock wall.  She has been having a hard time the past couple of weeks because every time she tries to climb to the top she gets scared and quits.  Or she says her hands are too sweaty.  She gets really upset when Lexi gets to the top and she can't.  I keep telling her that she just needs to keep trying and her muscles will get stronger and she will be able to do it. 

TODAY SHE DID IT!

At the top!
On her way up!























Spencer did a little bit of rock climbing too.  He doesn't weigh enough for the big wall, but he was pumped that he got so far up the small wall.  He is usually too afraid to go past the first or second foot hold, but today he went up past the red (don't go any higher than this) line.  He was so proud of himself and his sister!  It was a monumental day of rock climbing for the whole family!

1 comment:

  1. The wall Kayleigh climbed looked taller that I remember. Maybe it's just the picture. Anyways, what a trooper she is. I'm so proud of her for achieving her goal of getting to the top of the rock wall. Now she can climb it with Lexi, all the way to the top. And Spencer, WOW! Look at my little man go! I'm super proud of him for getting so high on the small wall. It must have been a monumental achievement for him as well. Who knows, maybe if he keeps that up his bean pole arms will get bigger. I'm so proud of both of them. Please them both know how proud I am of them. I'm glad to hear you had an awesome workout. Sounds like you pushed yourself to new limits. So congrats to you as well! And yes, I'm proud of you too babe. Hell, I'm just happy you got a good workout in without interruption. Well Babe, tomorrow I am doing PT at 0600. That means I will probably be on skype around 0515 and let you go around 0545. At least this way we maintain our ritual of a 30 minute talk in the morning. So I will talk to you them. Until then, know that I am thinking of you, I miss you, I can't wait to see you and hold you again and last but definitely not least, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete