Sunday, June 26, 2011

141/365

Today was very laid back.  We hung out this morning.  Amber came and picked Lexi up. Then Kayleigh wanted to go outside to play.  She really wanted to try her new roller blades.  So I got her all safety equipmented up and off she went.  A couple of the other neighborhood girls got their roller blades out too and they had a little roller blade party :)






After a bit I decided that I wanted to go to the Oasis (I didn't get to do, "lets to what mommy wants day" this week) and get a work out in.  I originally wanted to do 30 minutes of cardio, lift and then do 30 more minutes of cardio.  I ended up cutting the last 30 minutes of cardio.  I really lifted hard.  It felt good!  I love lifting.  It makes me feel better than any amount of cardio ever could.  And I think it makes me look better too.  I prefer to be my size and have defined muscles than to be super skinny and look like a stick figure.    I guess in my old age I have realized that I will never be a size 2.  So I have to work with what I have and muscles are much more attainable for me than stickfigureness.

After my GREAT workout Kayleigh wanted to rock climb.  So I got her a harness and let her climb.  Of course she got to the top again.  And then she wanted me to try.  I got almost to the top of the same path she took.   It was hard.  At the very top I just couldn't go anymore.  The hand holds up there are not so great.  I will try next time, maybe my muscles were just too tired!

Here is Kayleigh climbing, again. 
Going up!
Rappelling























Spencer took this picture of us.  He is a pretty good photographer.  His finger got in front of the flash a little, but at least it wasn't in front of the lens!


After that we came home and played.  And I did some housework and talked to Nate on Skype.  Then Spencer came in and asked if he could watch Cars.  I told him yes.  He hasn't asked to watch TV in a long time, so I figured I would let him.  I put it on for him and ten minutes later I went in the living room to grab something and found this...

He passed out!  He must have been tired.  I am going to try to get both the kids in bed early tonight since they had such a  long day yesterday!  So next on my agenda is baths then bedtime stories and bed!  Let's see how many times they get out of bed tonight ;)  Maybe I will have to read them Nate's new book, "Go the F*ck to Sleep".  

No comments:

Post a Comment