Monday, June 27, 2011

142/365

Today was again, same ole same ole.  Wake up, breakfast, work out, come home and play.  I did take the kids to Target to pick up a birthday present for Lexi and so Kayleigh could spend a little of the birthday money that's been burning a hole in her pocket for the past two days!

I did decide that we are going to head up to Fairbanks Thursday afternoon instead of waiting until Friday morning as originally planned.  So the kids and I are leaving right after Lexi's birthday party.  We are going to run home, grab the dog and put the kids in their PJ's and get on the road.  It really does work out better this way.  They can get all their energy out at the party and then be sitting in the car at a time when they probably would be sitting anyway.  I stay up late and get up late.  So driving at night wouldn't bother me.  I probably will be more alert than I would have been at 5 or 6 in the morning.  My friend Rebeckah is letting us crash with her for the night, which is awesome!  Then the next day we will head out to the lake and we are back to our previously scheduled programing.  And we get to spend and extra 17 hours with Nate!

Over the last few months I have noticed something about myself.  I am a planner.  I know that.  I've always known that.  But a lot of times my plans don't always turn out the way they are supposed to.  Whether it's because of the military ruining the plan or a freak snow storm in southern California, things don't always go the way I like.  But lately I have been rolling with the punches a lot better.  I have been taking things as they come and not letting it get to me that much.  I still plan of course, but when they don't work out I try to see the best in them.  And sometimes, like our scenic drive along the California coast, things actually turn out better than I planned them.  I think I may be growing as a person! :)

Tonight after I got the kids in bed (they had to go to bed early because they both refused to eat their yummy dinner) I made a pair of fleece pants for Kayleigh.  I realized while packing today that she has one pair of cute warm pants pjs and tons of fleece nightgowns.  Not exactly appropriate for camping.  I've made pants for Spencer before, but never her.  The first pair I made the rise was too low.  It's funny because I always make the rise too high when I do Spencer's pants.  It's much easier to make the rise lower than it is to add rise.  Other than that they were perfect.  But I had to start over because Kayleigh's butt crack was hanging out.  I made a second pair and these are not so perfect.  But they cover her legs and her butt crack is nicely covered.  So they will do for a three day camping trip.  I may also send them with her to Girl Scout Camp as an extra set of jammies.





















And that brings me to the end of my day.  Once I get off here, I'm going to go and pack a little more for our trip and then take a bath and read a few more chapters in my book.  Then bed time!  So goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Well, while you are growing as a person, I am growing as a worrier. I started thinking about, well, not stupid things, but what if a bear comes around while we are camping. We don't have a gun. Do you have bear spray? What would happen? Would we all be eaten alive? I don't want my kids or you to be eaten by a bear. See, just some silly things. Anyways, I'm really excited to see you in the next couple of days. Tomorrow night I will pack up the rest of my stuff and call you before I leave to go the AMC terminal in the morning. Then it's a short flight to Narita where I will let you know if I have landed safely. Then the long flight to Seattle, where again I will let you know if we have landed safely. Then it's middle-of-the-road flight to Fairbanks, where I will again let you know if I have landed safely. I know that you are a worrier as well and that you would appreciate me letting you know my every stop and that I'm okay. On to other things now. I like Kayleigh's PJ's. I think they are cute and she looks cute in them as well. I will talk with you in the morning. I Love You Very Much!!!

    ReplyDelete