Thursday, June 16, 2011

131/365

Today I bought a big boy bed for Spencer at the thrift store on Ft Rich.  It is wood and has drawers that go underneath.  Best thing about it, it was $25!  WOO HOO!  I knew if I held out long enough I would find something that I liked for less than $100.  It still gets to me how much people try to sell their used crap for!  One lady wanted $125 for a bed just like that, with no drawers.  Really!  Not happening.  Thanks to Amber, Spencer will have a new big boy bed in a few days.  I've spent the majority of the night in the gare-age painting it!  The picture is what I have done so far.  I am going to do another coat of red tonight, then tomorrow I'll probably do a third coat and the paint brush work.

One of the shitty parts of my day today was when Spencer thought he was playing football and decided it would be a good idea to tackle an open cabinet.  He cracked it all the way through in two places.  So tomorrow I need to call Aurora and have them come out to replace it.  I hope they don't charge me.  But with my luck they will.  Maybe They'll just take it out of our utility rebate check we should be getting here shortly!

The cracks at the bottom
The crack at the top























As you can see he really did a number on those things!  Alright, I really need to get off here because I still haven't cleaned up from dinner (4 hours ago) and I need to get another coat of paint on the bed.  Good thing it never really gets dark, I can be out there all night!

No comments:

Post a Comment