Saturday, June 4, 2011

119/365

It rained off and on all day.  I decided to take the kids to the Oasis.  Mostly so I could get a work out in.  And I actually got a good work out in.  It was amazing!  When I was done with my workout Kayleigh wanted to climb the big rock wall.  So I got her a harness and she climbed.  There was this one spot that she could not get passed.  She said she was scared.  Of what I don't know.  The rock wall is pretty cool.  It automatically belay's you so you don't need a partner to climb.  and when you come down you come down real slow.  I may climb next time we go, just to show Kayleigh how it's done.  That and I really like doing it.  Maybe Nate and I will go again when he comes back.  That was probably my most favorite date ever.  The prices are very similar to the prices in Arizona, so it is doable.

The rest of the day I spent cleaning up the house, getting a menu plan together and Skyping with Nate.  I am really proud of myself for the menu plan.  I have been menu planning for years, but lately I have stopped.  It has made things really hard.  Cooking in general is hard now, especially since 2/3 of the people in the house don't eat.  Add the sun being up so late and the kids wanting to play outside all night to the equation and I don't make it into the kitchen as often as I would like.

It is hard to come up with meals that they will eat and the majority of them will not go into the trash.  I refuse to feed them chicken nuggets every night.  But I realize that I have not been doing much better.  We've had a lot of cereal or sandwich nights lately.  And that is no better than chicken nuggets.  The one thing I have not done is started to go out too much.  We have been eating in, just not fully balanced meals.  This week we are going to be trying a few new meals.  I love to cook and try new things.  But the kids have been holding me back from it.  From this day forward, I will not let the kids do that again.  And I will not allow myself to do it anymore.  I have the next 2 weeks meals planned.  Let's hope I can keep it that way.

Today Nate and I talked on Skype a lot.  We talked a lot of what we are going to do when he gets here.  It really started to get me excited.  I can not wait for him to come home, go hiking with us, hang out, date nights, cooking for someone who will appreciate it.  I really can't put into words how happy I am that we will be able to see him soon.  And if all goes as I (Notice the *I*, because the AF and I usually have different plans) have planned, I will be able to see him later this month! I can't believe that time is almost here!  It feels like he has been gone forever.  Soon he will be here to spend a whole month with us!  Then it will be another forever and he will be back and guaranteed another 90 days with us!  Who knows what life has in store for us after that.

One last thing I have to share.  I am happy to report that the neighbors have not had their RV parked outside since last weekend.  They pushed the 48 hour limit when they came home from their trip last week.  They were there 46 hours.  Yes, I counted.  I was ready to call when the timer hit 48 hours 1 minute.  However, this morning I woke up to this outside our window.

I guess technically it's not a RV or camping trailer, I don't know what the rules are for something like that.  But I do know that it doesn't fully block my view, so I think I'll let it go for the time being.  But if it gets too crazy, like the RV, I may start becoming best buddies with the grounds inspector.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you got a good work out in. It's about time isn't it? I can't believe that I forgot about us going on the rock wall climbing date. That was a lot of fun. I still maintain my view that the anniversary that we cooked together was the best, but the rock wall date was a very close second... maybe even tied for first since it was really just us two! An official date! I think the best dates we have had, for me anyways, are the ones where we just spend quality time together. So moving on. Tell Kayleigh I'm really proud of her doing so well on the rock wall. She looked like a champ in the picture. While she was scared, she is still an adrenaline junky like her daddy. It makes me laugh.

    So in three to four weeks time, I will be flying there. I can't wait. I'm so excited. Looking back, it does feel like it has been forever. But the days spent with you will be more than enough to overshadow that. Then it's only five more months till I come home for a while.

    Well babe, it was really nice talking with you this weekend. I'm gonna hit the bed. I'll talk with you in the morning. I Love You Very Much!

    ReplyDelete