Sunday, June 19, 2011

134/365

The biggest thing that happened today was Spencer's big boy bed is now ready!  Today we went to Fred Meyer and picked out some bedding.  This week I have been all over town and NO ONE had a Cars comforter that I really liked.  None of them have Lightening McQueen on them.  And of course that is Spencer's favorite.  But when we were at Fred Meyer they did have a sheet set and a tent that goes over the bed.  I really didn't want the tent becuase I didn't want Spencer playing in his room when he was supposed to be sleeping.  But the more I thought about it the more I realized that he already plays in his room until midnight anyway, how much worse could it get.  That and I can use it as punishment.  Like, "Go to bed and don't get out, or I will take the tent off".  So I decided just to get a sheet set and a tent for now.  If I find a comforter I like I can get it later.  And Wal*Mart had big blankets with lightning on them so if worse comes to worse I can get that.  He has the hot room anyway.  It's so hot that even in the winter his window is cracked open at night!  And he runs hot in his sleep. So this will work for him for now.  Without further ado, I present to you Spencer's big boy bed...

View of the sheets and the bed!
With the tent

He was so excited!
Then he saw there was a Lightening pillow, he hugged it!
all ready for bed!  Maybe he will actually sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, that is so cute. I love his bed. Hell, I might even sleep in it. He totally was excited! It was all over him. So hopefully he doesn't get it taken away. I'm sure he would be sad about that. You have to be the best Mommy on the planet and I know he loves you for his new bed.

    So my day started off eventful. While I was taking Sgt Wallace to the gym for his pt test, someone dropped a live AGM-65 at PGM. Yes, I know who it was, but I don't like to say names. Needless to say, when I got back everyone was evacuating. It was pretty crazy. The people that work at PGM were all shaken up about it like they nearly lost their lives or something silly like that... I hope you sensed the sarcasm in that. But it was kind of crazy for a while. So after that, I had to finish the job they were doing which was literally moving one AGM against the stack, put the tie-downs back on the 40 footer, and park it on our vehicle pad. Later, I went back to PGM to pick up an AGM-88. Well, it wasn't ready for pick up so then I went to the vehicle pad and moved trailers around so that they weren't all parked in the middle like idiots would have them. And that was my day.

    I hope you had at least a good day. I hoping more for great like yesterday was, but none-the-less, I will settle for good. Well, I have PT in the AM at 0630. I'm really looking forward to that because I love doing my workout. I will talk with you in the morning. I Love You!!!

    ReplyDelete