Thursday, June 23, 2011

138/365

Today I went and worked out, again.  Then we came home and talked to Nate on Skype.  Then it was time for Girl Scouts.  I dropped Kayleigh off and Amber, they boys and I went shopping for Lexi's Birthday.  I picked up some party supplies for Saturday and I bought a couple of these HUGE coloring books for the kids.  They were only like $3, which is a good deal for coloring books at all.  Amber pointed out that if I got Cars ones I may get Spencer to sit and color for a while.  Heck, for $3 it's worth a shot.  So I bought 2, 1 for Spencer and 1 for Kayleigh.

After I picked Kayleigh up, we went down to the thrift store to look for some rain boots for Kayleigh's summer camp.  Yes, Nate I know how you feel about thrift stores, but I can not see spending $20+ for rain boots for three days of wear at camp.  I have a feeling her feet are about to grow and I just can't buy her anymore shoes.  So I spent a total of $4 of rain boots!

The kids played outside for the rest of the day.  I talked with the neighbor ladies.  Their husbands are going to the opening of the Kenai King Salmon run.  And they asked me if I wanted any!  I totally jumped on it.  Each of them will have a limit of 55 fish.  So they said they will bring me a few!  I am so excited.  I think they feel bad for me because I don't have a man to bring home the fish, if you will.  Soon I will be eating salmon!  Yummy!

When it was time to come in for me to cook dinner, the kids colored in their new coloring books.  Spencer did a great job and was very interested in coloring.
He is trying so hard!
Excuse the XL, but I love this one!


Chicken cooking in my new pan :)
We had another new meal Grilled Chicken Sliders and Apricot Chutney Spread.  I got to use my new cast iron skillet.  The chicken turned out really good!  I was excited.  I can put off buying a grill for a while longer.  I might not buy one until next year now.  That is unless I can catch some on clearance :) 
The finished product









I thought dinner was good.  I think everything I make is pretty good.  I wouldn't choose it if I didn't think it sounded good.  So for me, there are not many failures.  But for the kids there are.  Spencer didn't like it.  And Kayleigh says she'd maybe have it again.  She needs to try things a few times before she decides if she likes it or not.  Unlike Spencer, he touches his tongue to it.  If he doesn't like it, it's a no go.  It makes things for me pretty hard because I like a variety of foods and he likes nothing.  I reuse to make him chicken nuggets every night.  That however may help him gain a little bit of weight.  But again I am worried about starting him eating unhealthy to gain wait.  What if it goes to far and he is overweight. Or when he gets older and his metabolism catches up with him.  I want him to be healthy.  Sometimes parenting is so hard.  I'm tired of people always commenting on how little he is.  But I don't want to make him unhealthy.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

1 comment:

  1. Well, besides Spencer not eating, I would say that you had a pretty good day. You found out for sure that I will be in AK next week. It's a four day weekend which means we get to spend a little extra time together. But most importantly, we get to see each other again. It has been way to long. I'm super excited for everything. A great TDY, although we don't get paid what I would like to be paid. But what I'm taking out of this is the chance to be able to see you earlier than expected. I'm really excited to hold our children and give them a great big hug and kiss. I'm excited to be able to play with them. And I'm excited to be able to take them off your hands and let you have some well deserved R&R. Like I said in one of the other posts, I'm so excited I'm ready to jump out of my skin. I'm so happy, and I'm not even there yet. It's going to be amazing! Well, you already know how my day went. There are no complaints coming from this end. I will talk with you in the morning. I Love You!!!

    ReplyDelete