Monday, June 20, 2011

135/365

I really don't have much to talk about today.  I took all the camping stuff we have and started going through it.  I washed all the dishes and cooking stuff.  I started making lists of the food I need and meals we are going to eat.  I also started getting clothes together.  Yes, I know we have 10 days before we go.  But I don't want it to be the night before and just start packing.  Nate isn't here to help, so it will take twice as long.  If not three times as long because he is much better at fitting everything together than I am.

So here is the list of foods we are going to have:

BREAKFAST
  • pancakes and bacon
  • eggs/breakfast burritos
  • french toast
  • pop tarts (easy for the day we have to pack up)
LUNCH
  • PB&J
  • Turkey Sandwiches
  • Hot dogs roasted over the fire with dough around them, kinda like a corn dog, but not.  
DINNER
  • Fajitas
  • Baked potatoes w/beans 
  • Teriyaki Chicken with rice and vegis
  • Chili dogs  
The chili dogs will be replaced by fish if we catch any.  Or we will add fish to the baked potato night.  And that is that.  I still have a million things to buy.  I have to get our fishing licences (which I will get go online and get yours Nate as soon as I am done writing this) and buy poles and tackle.  I am going to let Nate buy his own pole when he gets there because I have no idea what to get him. 

On the right is my pile of un-sexy camping clothes.
When I was getting together my camping clothes I realized that I haven't seen my husband in five months and the first time I see him we will be camping.  Quite possibly the least sexy thing a woman can do.  You can't wear cute clothes.  You generally just wear the oldest grubbiest things you have.  You are filthy.  Your hair is generally a mess.  You smell like campfire.  And you have no privacy sharing a tent with two kids and a dog (although I do have a station wagon, maybe it's time to christen it!)  Maybe I didn't think this camping thing through.  Too bad it's too late now!

2 comments:

  1. Well Babe, I think the meals look good for the camping trip. I especially like the idea of cooking up any fish we catch. That sounds yuuuumy. So, it's time to christen the car huh? Well that's not very romantic either, but whatever, it works! I can't wait to see you again. I'm super excited and I need this week to speed up. Once I get to AK, I will need time to slow way down. Then when it's mid-tour time, I will need time to stop completely. Well love, I really don't have much to say either. Oh by-the-way, you look really hot in the picture! I will talk with you in the morning. I Love You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez Devi, who needs clothes when you have a tiny little body like that!

    ReplyDelete