Wednesday, June 22, 2011

137/365

Today's picture was taken just after midnight last night, June 21, Summer Solsitce.  Otherwise known as the longest day of the year.  Actual sunset was around 1145 and the actual sunrise this morning was at 418.  It's only really dark for about an hour around 2ish.  I know because I've been up that late to let the dog out.  Usually if she is whining to be let out I walk down stairs with my eyes closed so they don't get bombarded with light and I'm not wide awake again.  Yes, I am weird.  I just thought that everyone would like to see how light it is still here at night.  In six months I'll probably post a picture of 3 in the afternoon and the moon and stars will be out!

Summer solstice always makes me a little sad.  I start thinking that from here the days are only going to get shorter.  Once winter solstice come back around I start thinking that the days are just going to get longer and it makes me happy.  It's weird how something as simple as that can make me happy or sad.

Later in the day today, I washed and waxed my car.  This past Monday we've had the Subie for a year and I have never waxed it.  So I figured now is as good a time as any to get it done.  So I was out there all day taking care of it.  The kids played and I worked.  The story of my life :)  But for now my car looks beautiful.  In nine days when we go see Nate it will be a mess again!  But it will totally be worth it!  I can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's a lot lighter than I thought it would be at that time. Anyways, I hate to make this about me, but I got my orders and itinerary today. I will NOT be flying in to Anchorage. I also leave on the 30th here and show up at Fairbanks on the 30th. So I get to replay an entire day. Kind of like groundhogs day if you will. So unfortunately, we will not be able to see each other as soon as we had both hoped. However, we do get to see each other like a day later! I'm super excited. I have to be at the AMC terminal tomorrow morning at 0630. I'm getting up at 0500 still and we can talk for a little bit. I'm eating chow at 0530 and leaving straight for the briefing afterward. So that should give me enough time to get there and not be late. Well my love, I can't wait to see you. I'm so excited I'm ready to jump out of my skin! I will talk with you in the morning. I Love You!!!

    ReplyDelete