| The sauce looks a little weird in the picture, but it was good |
I've made couscous tons of times before, but I always use the seasoning packet. In an effort to cut down a little on our salt intake I decided to use this recipe. It was really good. But it did need salt. Maybe it's because I am so used to the prepared seasoning mix that comes with it. I may try a few different variations and cut down the salt a little each time I make it. All in all this recipe is a keeper.
The second recipe was skillet pork chop saute with peaches. About a year to year and a half ago Nate and I stopped eating pork chops. Not because we didn't like them, but more because we had them so often we were sick of them. When we ate at Amber's house last week she made pork chops and it reminded me that I don't hate them, I just get tired of them easily. What I liked about this recipe is that you cook them in the skillet (duh). We still haven't bought a grill (I am saving up for the one I want though) so I need to find meat recipes that I can do on the stove. I am really paranoid about cooking meats on the stove or in the oven because I NEVER do. And I am not that good at it. Nate is usually the meat cooker. And it goes without saying that we've been eating a lot of vegetarian around here lately. Anyway, the meat was cooked all the way through (major accomplishment for me!) and the sauce was pretty good. Not something I would do all the time, but it will help break up the monotony of the same old thing every time you eat it.
The kids liked the peaches and that was pretty much all they ate for dinner. Kayleigh did eat the couscous. But she has always liked it. Spencer didn't eat much. And Lola got all their left overs. She was one happy puppy!
Well of course they didn't eat. They are our children and they like to keep us insane. Anyways, the recipes looked absolutely wonderful. Are you planning on make it again while I'm there? I hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna comment on the pictures blog in this one. So, you go the pictures hung. Why don't you like them? Is it because I'm in them? J/K! No but seriously, why don't you like them? Is it the arrangement or something? I thought they looked rather nice. Maybe I should look again, but I may end up thinking they look nice again. Anyways, I hope you had a better day after I talked to you at lunch/dinner time roughly for you. Talking to you seemed to have turned my mood around. I had a much more enjoyable afternoon. So thank you for that. So now it's off to bed to dream of you and holding you. I Love You and miss you very much! Talk with you in the morgan.
ReplyDelete