Today started out really good, but ended up SHITTY!!!!
I had my advisement appointment at UAA first thing. The advisor was fantastic and really helpful. Usually I feel like I am being judged for taking so damn long to finish school when I meet with advisers. But when I told her our situation and how I've changed schools no less than 5 times because of the military, she really understood. She also understood that I NEED TO GET THIS DEGREE DONE! And I need to do it before Marchish 2015. So my first problem is stupid Estrella Mountain STILL hasn't sent my transcript! STILL! I've asked for one 3 times! And nothing! So they can't evaluate my transcripts until that last one is received. Which is fine. I will call them Monday and give them a piece of my mind! Anyway, she went through all my classes her self and showed me what would transfer. Then she went through the classes I should take each semester. I am going to have to take two classes next summer (and I will end up paying for those out of pocket), but after that I won't have to take any more summer classes. I also only have to take four each semester. And no I can not do away with the summer classes if I take five classes for the first two semesters. The way the pre-req's are set up I have to do it this way. But I left there feeling happy and accomplished. I couldn't stop smiling.
Then I went to Middleway Cafe. I decided to have some food and skip lunch. I had today's special. Mexican Benedict. It was really good. It was Churizo sausage, with poached eggs over it, in a bed of home fries with huge chunks of avocado, fresh tomatoes, onions and chilies all smothered in the delicious ranchero sauce. I took a picture of it because it didn't look to appetising. I think it's the color of the sauce. But DAMN it was good!!!
I read and drank coffee. It was nice. When it was time to pick up Spencer I was refreshed and relaxed, like nothing could bother me.
I picked up Spencer and we talked and walked out to the car. Then we came home and played. He helped me rearrange the play room, again. He moved things around with me and we had a good time. Then it was time to get Kayleigh from the bus. So we went out and got her and did our afternoon routine of putting school stuff away. Then they went out to play while I made dinner.
We ate dinner with Nate on Skype. Then shit started to go down hill. The kids started lollygagging. We were going to movie night at the Arctic Oasis. But they can't figure out how to do as I say. I told them to get their shoes on and get in the car while I finished up the last few dishes. I finish the dishes and I go out to leave and see Spencer standing outside the car playing with something. We get to the Oasis and to the room that has the movie playing. They were nothing but complaints. They wanted to go play, I told them we were there to watch the movie we could play another time. They wanted popcorn. Before we left I told them they weren't getting any popcorn because they REFUSED to eat their food (that should have stopped me from taking them in the first place). They didn't like where we were sitting. And it went on and on.
I am truly so sick of them. Just now, I was having them clean the playroom. And instead of putting her stuff up Kayleigh was looking at her stupid Pokemon cards! Spencer was just sitting there twittling his thumbs. I have to scream at them to get anything done! I don't know what to do. We are back where we were four or five months ago. I am sure that if I go back and re-read by blog from March/April I was having the same problems. I am about to lose it. I can't yell anymore.
I am done with this. I am ready for Nate to be home and to at least have a little help. Someone to watch the kids while I go to the store so I don't strangle them. I'm sad. I cried during Tangled tonight because I am an emotional pussy and miss Nate. How pathetic am I? I just do know what to do. So I will continue to do what I have been doing. Get through one day at a time. Plan things so I have something to look forward to. And most definitely use Spencer's preschool time (Thanks again babe for paying for it) to decompress and make myself happier. Other than that I just have to keep getting up in the morning, going to bed at night, making meals and just keep it up. Not much may get done other than that before Nate gets home, but at least he will come home to a wife and children who are alive. And at this moment I think that's all he can ask for.
Well Baby, that is all I ask for. I know the kids are frustrating, but like you said, just take it one day at a time. Hopefully, things will get better. They usually do, but not before you're ready to throw the towel in and call it quits. I'm not saying that you're gonna quit. I know you are stubborn and you will find a way to make it work for you. It will probably happen right before I come back home just like with mid-tour. But at least you have a little bit of time to recompose yourself, right?
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry the kids were assholes again. I don't know why they can't just appreciate everything you do for them. I don't know if they don't get it or if they don't see it or what. I know I see it and I'm VERY appreciative of what you are doing for our little family.
You were absolutely right about the meal not looking appetizing. I think it looked quite gross myself. But you said it was amazing, so I guess looks can be deceiving.
Well, not much happened in my day. I watched some movies, went to the BX and looked around, came home and watched a couple more movies and now here I am.
Well, that is all I have for today. Oh, you're welcome for paying for the ballet and Tang So Do. I try to help even though I'm far away. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and tell them I said they better straighten up. I Love You!!!!