This morning I had an optometry appointment. It went well. Turns out that the lady at the DMV who said my eyesight was horrible, grossly exaggerated. He said that I am legally allowed to drive with no restrictions. My sight isn't perfect, but I don't NEED glasses. But he gave me a prescription in case I wanted to get them anyway if my sight bugged me. I was prepared to buy glasses. But I hate glasses, I look bad in them. So I am so glad that I don't have to get them! He did dilate my eyes though. That is something I wasn't prepared for. I really shouldn't have drove, but I had no choice.
 |
| I was SO not wearing these running! |
I was going to run outside, but I WAS NOT going to run in those awesome glasses they give you. So I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill. I think I may be an outdoor runner because today was HARD. My hip abductors were so SORE!!! Every step I took hurt like hell. But I did finish the 5k. I'm wondering if I was so sore because I did weights and ran on Wednesday. I really need to look at my time and figure out how I am going to allocate it to working out. I LOVE lifting. It makes me strong and really shapes my body in ways I LOVE. But I am really starting to like running. And I don't want to lose the progress I have made. So I am going to have to sit down and really work with a workout schedule. I may even drop my runs down to 2 a week this winter. As long as I can still do a 5k by the end of the winter I think I will be OK. Because I really want to be able to start training for a half marathon as soon as it warms up a little. I hope to do the Skinny Raven half next August. If I really am ambitious I may try for the Mayors half (in June), if I don't think I can do that I will just do the 5-miler. I also want to do the Zombie Half (October). Man, I've just done a 5k and here I am planning next years races. While I'm at it I might as well put it out there that I am doing the Frostbite 5k in February and I am so making Nate do it with me!!! Who's going to watch the kids while we run in near zero temperatures? I don't know, but I'll cross that bridge when we get there!
After school the kids and I went to Famous Footwear. Nate needs new running shoes. Kayleigh needs new shoes for PE (and the Tuesday night races we are doing starting next week). Spencer needs new sneakers. And starting October 1st we have to hand carry all our shoes to the gym again. So I need another pair of running shoes for gym only. I had a coupon for 20% off and all shoes are buy one get one half off. They didn't have the running shoes Nate likes. But Kayleigh found a pair of Nikes. After our discounts they ended up only being $18! I got
THESE! They were a little more expensive ($55 after discounts, but still a great price) I LOVE THEM! I can't wait to wear them to the gym. I think I may become a running shoeaholic. Shhhh! Don't tell Nate!
I officially have reinstated pizza and movie night. When Nate first left we did pizza and a movie in the living room every other Friday. So I decided with winter coming we could reinstate it. It went over really well with the kiddos! They love pizza and movie night!
Tonight is supposed to be a VERY active night for the Aurora's. I am so excited. I think I am going to keep the kids up a little later and hope the cloud (that just rolled in) clear up a little. Then we will head out by the bomb dump and try to see the Northern Lights. I am determined to see them!!!!!! Wish us luck :)
Cool shades babe! I don't blame you for not running outside. When I got my eyes dilated at Lakenheath... you know when I had the bad allergy reaction, I didn't want to be outside either. Anywho, so you decided to let Kayleigh do ballet and let Spencer do karate. That will give you some extra time to get a workout in. I'm so proud of you. You are so outgoing with all your races you have going on. I'm sure Kayleigh will love to do the short one with you. She loves competing almost as much as you do. So I can't remember, did you say you did or did not buy me a pair of running shoes? Maybe I'm crazy, but I didn't think you were to clear on that one in your post. Next, how was pizza and movie night? And were you able to see the auroras?
ReplyDeleteI really don't have much to talk about. Today was pretty boring. I ran my 5k this afternoon and logged it so I officially have the lead again. I was in quite some pain during the run, but since the run my legs have loosened up a lot. So maybe that run was the key to my being able to really get back into running. Well Love, like I said I really don't have much to talk about, so I will let you go. I will talk with you tomorrow. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and remind them that I love and miss them. I Love You and I miss you really bad.