I will say spring here kind of disappointed me. I miss England's spring and all the cherry trees blooming. I understand that those kind of trees couldn't survive here. But that was my happy time in England, spring. It was so beautiful there.
But I am happy here too. I love having four (well really three) seasons. It reminds me of time passing. We came in winter with snow on the ground and bare trees. Spring and summer are past. Fall is settling in. All we have to do is get through the rest of the fall (I hear it's quick up here) and then through half of winter and we're done!
Even since Nate left a week ago the leaves have changed dramatically. After my workout at the gym today, I drove over to the bridge and ran for a few minutes on the trail to take a couple of pictures of the trees. Here is what I got.
| It was hard to get the same picture of the bridge I did this winter, everything has grown so much |
Kayleigh had her first Girl Scout meeting with her new troop. It went really well. I am loving this troop. We meet every other week. So not every single Monday is taken up. And the meetings are at the CC right down the road. We WALKED! It literally took 2 minutes. And Kayleigh is friends with a few of the girls in the troop, besides Taylor and Talisa. She seems to fit in more here. And for that I am happy and excited for her!
Ahh Babe, I love the changing of seasons as well. It's just such a beautiful time when the dead trees and grass come back to life in the spring with all their buds and flowers and smells. I love fall just as much because of all the beautiful colors and how the leaves just paint everything with yellows and oranges and reds. Like you said, it helps you realize that time is passing by. Although when I think about it, it's a sad time as well because everything is dieing and the trees and bushes look helpless and betrayed as the leaves fall off them and leave them naked and cold. But then I go back to thinking about how close we are to being together again and it makes me happy and brings a smile to my face.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that Kayleigh's first scout meeting went well. It always concerns me that she might not like it or not get along with anyone there. But when you mentioned that Talisa was there, all that worry went away.
On my side of the world. My day went well. I went to work and found out at 0715 that I had to be at CATM to shoot 9mm. WHAT?! Since you don't know, CATM is on the other side of base from the bomb dump. I had to print my 522, go to my room and grab my gas mask, then get to CATM. Well, I smarted up for once. I printed my 522, walked to my room and grabbed my gas mask, then caught a cab to CATM since I had $5 in my wallet. I get there and the instructor says, "um, you don't need your gas mask unless you want to use it for the extra training." You got to be kidding me. I could have saved myself all that time and caught a cab from work? It is what it is. Anyways, I didn't know this about myself, but apparently I'm a sharp shooter. I also have a very steady hand. In class we did this drill where your partner puts a dime on the top flat part of the 9mm and you have to practice pulling the trigger three times without the dime falling off. Oh, and you have to do this with everyone watching. Just a little extra pressure. Well the first time I do this the dime pops up and lands on the barrel... without falling off. I didn't realize it so I kept going. It stayed on the barrel for the other two practice pulls. The instructor was absolutely amazed by that, that he had to tell all his CATM buddies. It was an awkward moment for me lets just say that. That's when he told me I had an extremely steady hand because he had NEVER seen that happen before. He said that if I do that on the range that I will get expert easily. I was like, okay. Anyways... out to the range we go. Practice did not go well at all. I was all over the place. Qualification came and what ya know. I put every single bullet through the bulls eye. The CATM guy on my side of the range was blown away by that. He brought the guy from the classroom out to see. I think I might have blushed due to the awkwardness of the situations. They proclaimed me sharp shooter of the year. Whatever that means. The rest of my day was just fine though.
Well, now that that is over. I'm gonna let you go and get a shower. I will talk with you tomorrow. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me. I Love You!!!