Today was Thursday. Ballet and Tang So Doo both. UGH! I thought it would be a good idea, but it sucks. I am sure it will be OK once I get my shit together and figure out how to get homework and dinner done. I ended up taking the kids out to eat at the Kashim Club. That place is ALWAYS empty. It makes me miss the club at Lakenheath. I miss Lakenheath.
I have been really frustrated with the kids lately. I have to ask them to do the same thing no less than four times beofre they actually get their butts in gear and do what I asked. They just worry about the most inconsequential things. If I tell them to get their shoes on they are worried about putting the dog in her kennel. If I tell Kayleigh to sit at the table for homework she is worried about finding a pencil, even though I have on in my hand to give to her. They worry about doing what they want rather than what I ask them. And today it is really getting to me.
Today was the last class of the month, so we got to go in and watch ballet class. I was supposed to lift, but I thought that being there in class and taking video for Nate was a little more important. I will say, I don't think she's that good at ballet. She doesn't pay attention to her teacher like she should. She mostly stares at herself in the mirror and poses. I swear she's so vain. I mean this was only her third class so she can't be expected to be GREAT yet. But it makes me a little sad because she was so good at gymnastics. She was a natural. But I can tell she loves ballet. She smiles and looks so long and lean. And she looks so pretty. Anyway I took a view videos. I couldn't video the whole class because I forgot my real camera (I forgot it was come in and watch class day) and was using my phone, it died of course.
I think I am going to make tomorrow a tech free day. I am going to take Spencer to school, go to my appointment and then take a book down to Middleway Cafe and sit and have a coffee and read. I am feeling overwhelmed by technology lately and need a break. Of course I will Skype with Nate, but the computer will not go on until 3 o'clock. I am going to spend the day playing with the kids. Then we are going to movie night at the Arctic Oasis to watch Tangled for 347,254th time and eat some popcorn. Hopefully it will get me out of this pissy mood I've been in and help me relax and be a better mom.
I did a little project today. I've really felt restless about projects lately too. There are so many things I want to do to the house, but I want/need to wait for Nate's opinion. I am going to re-arrange the playroom, AGAIN. I want to make a reading nook for the kids and I saw this sign and thought it would be perfect for such a space.
So I printed it out and then painted a frame I had blue, and viola. Instant wall art. I am hoping to have this playroom the way I would like it before Nate gets home. Only 4 months!!!!
I realize that you have been frustrated with a lot of things lately and I wanted to point something out about you being frustrated with the kids that I think might be where the problem lies. I think a routine was developed as to what they do like Spencer lets Lola out of the kennel and outside when you get home. Then Kayleigh normally puts Lola in the kennel and feeds her when you leave and get home. So I don't know. It's just an observation since you used them as examples. I don't want to make you feel bad or anything. I'm just trying to help so let me know if I'm helping or not. I know I'm not there and I don't know or see or hear what really is going on, so again, if I'm out of line let me know.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I thought Kayleigh looked really cute doing her ballet. Funny, I almost called it gymnastics. But I see what you mean about her being vane and staring at herself in the mirror. I also noticed she didn't really pay much attention to the teacher. But I think you are right. She looked like she enjoyed gymnastics a lot more than she does ballet. She was a complete natural at it. She made it look easy even though there were somethings she struggled at.
Well, I hope you have fun at snow city and I will talk with you tomorrow. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and let them know I love them. I can hardly wait to see your beautiful face. I Love You Baby!!!!