Spencer is obsessed with ties. After wearing a tie to school on Friday and everyone telling him how handsome he is. He has had to wear a tie every day! He loves it! Everyone comments on it and he eats it up! Here is today's outfit...
I think I need to figure out how to make some ties. Or hit up the Airman's Attic and see if they have any. He LOVES them!
Today I ran over 6 miles! I can't believe it! I dropped Spencer off at school. Then came home and took Lola out around the loop. I feel bad because I don't do much with her and I should. But I was planning on running 3 or 4 miles and knew I shouldn't just take her out like that after her being such a lazy turd. So we did the loop, .65 miles. Then I brought her home. I ran out toward the BX and took the trail that leads to Moose Crossing. I really want to do more trail runs, but I'm scared of bears. That trail stays right along the Grady Hwy, so I figure a bear isn't likely to come out of the woods to the road and attack me and drag me back. They're after easy food right now. So I ran and ran. It was HARD. I finally started to get in the groove and before I knew it I was at the bridge that is the border between Ft Rich and Elmendorf. So I used there to turn around since the trail goes into the woods. Then I ran back to our neighborhood and took the long way around. All in all that run was 5.95 miles!
Now I know since Nate ran 5.8 last night, he thinks it was all about me competing with him. And he may be right. But it's not about me beating him. See, we have this contest to see who can run the furthest in a month. And he is killing me. He was 10 miles ahead of me before today's run! So i guess I need to just run at least as much as he does every time he runs. I don't care if I win, but I can not let him beat me by 10 or 20 miles. This contest was my idea. I really wanted him to get back to running a little. So he can do well on his upcoming PT test. I wanted him to get out and use his time for something productive. I knew that this last part of our separation would be hard and I didn't want him to sit in his room and sulk. If he had a goal or something to do maybe I could keep him from getting into a funk where he is all sad and depressed. I don't know if it's working. But it is getting him out. I wish he would find a workout buddy and go to the gym on top of the running. I would like for him to be social. I just want him to be happy. Or at least as happy as one can be in our situation. I am happy. I miss him like crazy. I wish he was here. But I am happy. And I want that for him!
Spencer does look super cute. Like I said, I think he is trying to hook up with his teacher. What a little pimp! I think it's funny that he is soaking up all the attention. You should let him know, however, that if he keeps doing that then soon it will be normal and no one will think it's cute anymore.
ReplyDeleteI'm so super proud of you and how far you ran. In the back of my head I do think it is you competing with me, but it's alright. I like this competition we have going on. It wouldn't be interesting if I didn't have to work for it. But in all seriousness, you have no idea how proud of you I am. It brings a smile to my face to see you reach your goals.
On my side of the world... today started off really, really, really shitty. We found out that last night one of our new Airmen punched a door and broke his hand and wrist. This is the one and only Airmen I thought for sure would never do anything like that. Apparently, someone (SSgt and NOT me) pushed him past that snapping point. The other staffs have been really hard on him since he got here. I have been the one telling them to stop because some day he would snap. Well, that was last night. I just never thought he would snap like that. I thought he would snap by cussing people out and yelling. Something like that, but not this. I still can't believe it. He was put on suicide watch and now an investigation is pending. We also got a call from the Ops Group Commander about it. He said he was coming to the shop to talk with the bosses about it. I don't know what he has to do with it. So now tension in the shop is at an all time high. I'm trying to look out for this kid even more now.
On top of that, my authority was completely undermined today by one of the SSgt's and by one of the Airman, in front of ALL the Airmen in the shop. The same one who did the above mentioned. So I dragged him outside away from everyone and exploded on him. I told him that it was not his position to tell the Airmen on day shift something else other than what I had instructed them to do. I let him know his attitude in toward the Airmen is out of line and completely unacceptable and is punishable through UCMJ actions. I went on about some other things, but this guy is heading toward a bad place. Early, after the bosses had talked to swing shift about what happened. He came in and started mocking the bosses and the Airman that snapped. That is the other thing I grilled him for.
The Airman that undermined me got a piece of my mind as well. Pretty much he pulled the whole good cop bad cop thing and it really pissed me off. All that just for me to realize that this shop has zero discipline. So starting tomorrow, we are getting down to basics. Forming up in the morning, doing the taller tap thing, standing at attention and parade rest. Obviously, discipline and morale do NOT go hand in hand. However, when people have discipline then a peaceful balance of discipline and morale are present. But I cannot, in good conscience, put morale ahead of discipline. I absolutely cannot. On that note, I do believe that the lack of discipline is not just with the Airmen. I believe it is throughout the ranks in the shop. But how do re-instill the discipline in the people over you? The only thing I can think of is that hopefully last nights event was a wake up call for them.
Anyways, enough about that. I'm getting tired so I'm gonna let you go. I will talk with you tomorrow. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me. I Love You With ALLLLLLLLLL My Heart!!!!!!!