Spencer and I hung around the house. Mostly I got caught up on chores. I mowed the lawn. Before Nate left I told him not to worry about it, I would take care of it. I wanted to spend as much time as possible with him. Well I regret that now. What a pain in the ass. The grass was at least a foot tall and THICK! Beyond that; it was wet. But it had to be done and really it's only going to get wetter. So it took me over an hour to mow our tiny back yard! Oh well. After that I kinda started feeling like crap, so I decided not to go to the gym today.
I got to Skype with Nate. Which was so great. It does me really good to see and talk to him. When we were talking he said that it was a lot easier to leave this time. It still sucked, but it wasn't as hard as last time. It is almost like we are half way done and still here and going strong. We haven't died yet. Knowing we are on the downhill made it a bit easier.
I agree and disagree with him. Last time he left I had to deal with moving and all that that entails. I didn't have time to be sad. I was busy for about two weeks. Then shit hit the fan. I got all depressed and sad and lonely. And the next few months were really hard. Then we got in a routine and things seemed to get better. Well this time I don't have all the moving stuff to keep me busy. So I thought it would hit sooner. But so far so good. I hope we get our routine back quickly and get these next few months over with. The way I see it either it's going to zoom by or it's going to drag. I hope with the holidays coming up it will speed by. I don't want to be sad and depressed over the holidays. I guess only time will tell.
| YUMMY! |
We made it through the commissary and back home, just in time for me to make dinner. I made dinner and the kids played outside.
A while back Amber gave me the idea to do a M&M jar counting down the days until Nate came back. So I brought them in a little before dinner was ready and had them get their jars ready. I had them each count out their own by tens ( who know what Spencer would do once we got above 20) and then Kayleigh kept track of the big number. It was actually kind of fun watching them. And they seemed to like it too. They were excited. I hope this helps them get through the days a little easier. Maybe seeing the level in the jar go down will help them when it feel like forever. Maybe I'll draw a line on them to show them where they started.
| Aren't they so stinking cute? |
| She's so pretty |
| Look at the concentration |
I had to buy another bag of M&M's at the commissary today because I went through the better half of the bag I had ready for this project in my feel sorry for yourself day yesterday. So I let Kayleigh choose which kind she wanted. She wanted peanut butter. I let her have them not thinking about the size of them. I assumed they where the same size as the dark chocolate ones I had. Nope they were bigger. Therefore there were less in the bag. So when all was said and done there were only 141 in each jar! Do you know how many days we have left? 150-something! So needless to say I will be buying another bag tomorrow!
All in all today was good and tomorrow will be better, Spencer has preschool. That means gym time for me. When I went to get the kids for dinner I ran to the park and it felt good. It made me want to run. So tomorrow I am going for a run, outside without a jogging stroller!!!!
I was gonna mention something about getting back to the gym, but it looks like you are gonna do it on your own accord. Well, I decided that I would start getting up at 0430 and going for a run. Then after work I would do a longer run. The 30 minutes should do perfectly for a 5k or a mile and a half run. Either way, I'm getting back to it. Working out with you has lifted my spirits to run and work out again.
ReplyDeleteWell, the kids look like they had fun putting together the M&M jars. They also looked very cute doing them. Now don't go eating the rest of the M&M's you have to buy. Put them in the kids lunches and get rid of them that way. You are one hot mama and you need to keep that fine figure of yours. You have worked so hard to get where you are and it's really easy to slip backwards because it doesn't take any work to do that. Anyways, I'll get off that topic now because I have no room to talk.
Well babe, I'm gonna hit the bed. I will give you a skype call around 0530 here. That should be around 1230 there. Seeing how you have to pick Spencer up at 1130, that should give you more than enough time to make it home, fix him lunch, and hop on the computer to talk to me. If that plan doesn't work out, then we'll need to figure something else out.
Well babe, I will talk with you tomorrow. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and tell them I love them very much. I Love You!!!